Abandoned - No Mas

RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
edited November 2015 in The Commons

Hi,

I'm finishing up my set and need to know if there is a way to create a color overlay in 3Delight and or iRay.  Say I have a logo on the clothing but want to give the end user a way to change the color of the logo is there a channel to load in a png of the logo so they can customize the color to their liking?

Thanks so much

Richard

Post edited by RAMWolff on

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,970

Geoshell with a simple grayscale?

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854

Iray has decals..Which I do not understand at all. How helpful am I?

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

Yea, this is a technique that would need to translate between Poser and DS if possible. 

• The only way I can think of would be to use a grayscale image, as Timmins suggested, and a diffuse tint to change colours which would limit you to 2 colours black and white(+diffuse_tint)

There are number of ways to do it more complexly, but they wouldn't work across app unfortunately.

OK.  Thanks.  Worth a shot in asking!  Appreicate the feedback!

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

The only way in LIE would be use multiple color layers each with its own masking layer, kind of like silk screen printing.

• Fisty and DarcFisty and Darc Posts: 21
    edited November 2015

My shader pack MR out today has a dirt overlay shader that will do it for Iray, catch is it's shader mixer so your surface will look white in the viewport.

Bah..  this is "Fisty & Darc", don't know how to fix the username.

Post edited by Fisty and Darc on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Bah..  this is "Fisty & Darc", don't know how to fix the username.

You need to edit it from My Account (little blue guy, upper right corner) then Account Information > Edit.

• Yay, thanky =)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Yay, thanky =)

It was done with the forum software migration, to prevent overwriting any duplicate user names...

• This account came through fine..  maybe because the shared account had an ampersand?  IDK..

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

Er, this one..   getting myself confused now.

• EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603

This account came through fine..  maybe because the shared account had an ampersand?  IDK..

Fisty said:

Er, this one..   getting myself confused now.

This reminds me of a Robin Williams skit. A person with a multiple personality arguing with himself.

No I didn't

Yes you did

Shut up and let him talk!

Guess you had to be there. frown

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,854
    Khory said:

Iray has decals..Which I do not understand at all. How helpful am I?

LOL! Thanks for the laugh!

So does anyone know of a free height scale out there?  I thought I had one but I need to get my figure to 5' 5" and really want real world height scale for DAZ Studio if there is such a thing. 

Gracias!

• EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603

Here is one that I use all the time. (click picture to access)

Hmmm, that sort of works.  Thanks.  Dawn I guess is already about 5" 5".  Scaling from the main body, does that keep the feet on the floor better than scaling bits here and there? 

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453

You should try the old SizeOf script. I actually don't know if it works in DS 4.8 or not, but it is free:

http://www.4shared.com/dir/722776/10801f63/DS_Scripts.html#dir=Gl1KlH4s

It's near the bottom.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,065
    edited November 2015

I use that http://www.sharecg.com/v/69559/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Measuring-Wall

You can also rotate your figure 90 degrees so it's flat on the floor. The floor grid is made up of 1 meter squares, so you can get a rough estimate that way as well.

Capture.JPG
    1499 x 886 - 148K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Make a cube that is 65 inches and adjust the figure until the top of the figure's bounding box is just visible on the top of the cube.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

You can also load a character with a known hight, and use that.

You should try the old SizeOf script. I actually don't know if it works in DS 4.8 or not, but it is free:

It's near the bottom.

Have that, tried it, DS just froze up, not sure why but it did!  YIKES!

Zev0 said:

I use that http://www.sharecg.com/v/69559/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Measuring-Wall

You can also rotate your figure 90 degrees so it's flat on the floor. The floor grid is made up of 1 meter squares, so you can get a rough estimate that way as well.

Thanks.  I like that there are more measurement lines and info on this one... COOL!

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    RAMWolff said:

It's near the bottom.

Have that, tried it, DS just froze up, not sure why but it did!  YIKES!

Rats! That one's been my mainstay for years.