Any demand for goldfish for daz studio?

I was thinking of making a model goldfish based on my two real goldfish.  One is a Moor goldfish and the other is a calico telescope eye goldfish.   They have similar body shape but different colors.  I can try to post pictures of them  but unable to download pictures right now as on my tablet at Starbucks.

Comments

• I'd like some goldfish for some of my scenes!

Trish

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,141

Here are some moors I found online

blackmoor-goldfish-image.jpg
    568 x 316 - 42K
    black-moor.jpg
    500 x 333 - 30K
  • StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    edited November 2015

Yes, I'd love to have some Moor goldfish. They would go right into my cart.

Post edited by Stormlyght on
  • kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

In all my wanderings of different daz/poser sites, I've never seen any goldfish (or many fish at all for that matter)

Then again I haven't searched for them, but usually things pop up and this hasn't. My characters need an aquarium with tropical fish (as well as goldfish)

That'll open a whole mess of things to make though (aquariums, gravel, bubble thingies (walls of air) aquarium ornaments and plants....)

Yep, my characters need some fish right over there on the end table.

• MadbatMadbat Posts: 382

Goldish in a tank would probably go over fairly well. I've never seen anything like that at all.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,726

In all my wanderings of different daz/poser sites, I've never seen any goldfish (or many fish at all for that matter)

Then again I haven't searched for them, but usually things pop up and this hasn't. My characters need an aquarium with tropical fish (as well as goldfish)

That'll open a whole mess of things to make though (aquariums, gravel, bubble thingies (walls of air) aquarium ornaments and plants....)

Not to take away from this thread, but you should also search outside of the DAZ/ poser community. There are lots of 3d meshes on the web that can be imported into DS. goldfish don't have to be rigged to work in a scene.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

More fish of any kind for underwater scenes.  They do have some but I haven't found a huge amount

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281

There are a few out there. A number of them props rather than rigged figures. I think Carrie58 has some, or maybe it was koi. I think on ShareCg. Pretty sure that Adam Thwaites has some as well.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,423
    Sonja11 said:

More fish of any kind for underwater scenes.  They do have some but I haven't found a huge amount

Oh yes, we need more fish!

And, Kulay Wolf, I would like to have those cute goldfish!

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Yes, I'd love have some Moor goldfish. They would go right into my cart.

That a euphemism for pan? devil

Not to take away from this thread, but you should also search outside of the DAZ/ poser community. There are lots of 3d meshes on the web that can be imported into DS. goldfish don't have to be rigged to work in a scene.

I said that I was thinking of making it for Daz Studio not 3dsMax or Maya or ect.   If the DS version does well I will think about a Poser version.  I am also waiting till I can get Poser Pro 10 before making stuff for Poser.  I have a copy of Poser Pro 2012 somewhere on disc but my optical drive is not working and I am planing on replacing it soon.

Madbat said:

Goldish in a tank would probably go over fairly well. I've never seen anything like that at all.

Hmmm that is getting my thoughts going.  I can see what I can do.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,955

I'd definitely love one! I've been looking for one earlier.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874

This had a fish tank but wasn't included in the products, so don't know where they got it. And no gold fish. Cute idea!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

goldfish, koifish, and babelfish :)

MistyMist said:

Babelfish?

• Novica said:

This had a fish tank but wasn't included in the products, so don't know where they got it. And no gold fish. Cute idea!

yeah that promo pic is a little misleading. Well there's this fish tank with no fish http://www.daz3d.com/fish-tank   and then there's this bedroom set from ironman13 she has a fish tank with fish but can't tell what http://www.daz3d.com/i13-late-night-fantastic

and the only small fish are butterfly and lionfish, sooooooo yeah goldies would sell as well as any other pet fish reckon do well both tropical and non tropical. Pet birds too oh and their homes and toys 

• There's a Clownfish over at rendo, and here at DAZ there's a toon Goldfish.  Predatron also has a low res goldfish in his Quiet Reflection Vignette, but you can't see it properly in the promos.

I've done my time messing around with non Daz/Poser stuff and fighting to get things to import/work/get rigged correctly.

I'd rather just get something that's already compatible and have fun. Also, fish need rigged even if it's just 2 or 3 bones so they can be posed in a mid-turn. Otherwise they look like a prop and not a fluid, moving, living thing. :) (And I know Kulay knows how important movement is after looking at his/her gallery on their site :) )

Novica said:

They may have made that fish tank out of primitives perhaps, or if it was from another site then they wouldn't be allowed to list it in the used items section :(

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,651
    edited November 2015
    Novica said:

It might be this tank:

http://www.daz3d.com/fish-tank

The bundle was made up of PC items. Since this was not a PC item (even though it is a DO) it was not included in the bundle.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    MistyMist said:

Babelfish?

"The Babel fish is small, yellow, leech-like, and probably the oddest thing in the Universe. It feeds on brainwave energy received not from its own carrier, but from those around it. It absorbs all unconscious mental frequencies from this brainwave energy to nourish itself with. It then excretes into the mind of its carrier a telepathic matrix formed by combining the conscious thought frequencies with nerve signals picked up from the speech centres of the brain which has supplied them. The practical upshot of all this is that if you stick a Babel fish in your ear you can instantly understand anything said to you in any form of language. The speech patterns you actually hear decode the brainwave matrix which has been fed into your mind by your Babel fish."

wink 

• nicstt said:

Yes, I'd love have some Moor goldfish. They would go right into my cart.

That a euphemism for pan? devil

Hah! laugh

• MistyMist said:
    MistyMist said:

Babelfish?

"The Babel fish is small, yellow, leech-like, and probably the oddest thing in the Universe. It feeds on brainwave energy received not from its own carrier, but from those around it. It absorbs all unconscious mental frequencies from this brainwave energy to nourish itself with. It then excretes into the mind of its carrier a telepathic matrix formed by combining the conscious thought frequencies with nerve signals picked up from the speech centres of the brain which has supplied them. The practical upshot of all this is that if you stick a Babel fish in your ear you can instantly understand anything said to you in any form of language. The speech patterns you actually hear decode the brainwave matrix which has been fed into your mind by your Babel fish."

wink 

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe

• cdemeritcdemerit Posts: 505
    I was hoping you were talking about Goldfish crackers.... There's always a demand cot them, in Daz or otherwise.
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,726
    edited November 2015

I've done my time messing around with non Daz/Poser stuff and fighting to get things to import/work/get rigged correctly.

I'd rather just get something that's already compatible and have fun. Also, fish need rigged even if it's just 2 or 3 bones so they can be posed in a mid-turn. Otherwise they look like a prop and not a fluid, moving, living thing. :) (And I know Kulay knows how important movement is after looking at his/her gallery on their site :) )

No problem, was just pointing out alternatives till a better option comes out. Since the DA/poser community is just a very small part of the CGI world I like to explore all options and rarely have any issues importing.OBJs into DS.

All this talk made me curious for a render and here is one with a free goldfish I found online.

goldfish.jpg
    1519 x 861 - 2M
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited November 2015

Something like this?

fishcrackers.png
    800 x 1024 - 925K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,609

I could always use more big ocean fish. I love goldfish but do not have an immediate need for one

• I could always use more big ocean fish. I love goldfish but do not have an immediate need for one

like a lot of other stuff we need a lot more and varied sea life both the pet variety and the wild