How easily v4 mermaid tail on Genesis?

Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,970

http://www.daz3d.com/water-nymph-for-v4

This product looks amazing. I love the way the scales, for example, continue up onto the torso a bit.

The question is... how well would this work on a Genesis figure?

Comments

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281
    edited November 2015

Well, this is Genesis 1 with the Water Nymph tail. There don't seem to be any pose sets for it, so you have to pose it by hand, but it's one of the better mermaid tails out there. The base character is Ant Farm's Kuril, but the figure is Genesis.

9coins-post.jpg
    600 x 1012 - 282K
    Post edited by JOdel on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,970
    Excellent. The fact that it has 8000x maps for displacement and bump impresses the heck out of me, for such an old product.

IIRC, I did need to do some postwork for the join area. The image was done a year or so ago. 

Here's another using a regular human Genesis character. It was done even longer ago, so I couldn't remember whether it required much in the way of poswork. Most things tends to require a bit of the clone brush either for poke through or blending. But I looked at the original .png, and didn't see any gaps.

Mermaid.jpg
    600 x 883 - 293K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

It's a conformer, so it would probably work...but don't try to autofit it, it would most likely be mangled worse than your average skirt.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,970
    That makes me nervous, but if I can manage centaurs...

That's right. Parent, not autofit.