Victoria 7 and back tattoos

Is there an easy way to line up tattoos on the back of any V7 uv based skin?  I'm trying manually, but so far it's a little off. I don't care if it's free tutorial or paid script at this point. Just being able to correctlu apply an image of my choosing to the back would be wonderful.

Comments

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,423

Did you try to make a Geometry Shell from the V7 templates?

• CelexaCelexa Posts: 73

I have not, I've been applying it directly to the textures. I had hoped to save geometry shells for later usage with sweat, water and/or dirt.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,423
    Celexa said:

I have not, I've been applying it directly to the textures. I had hoped to save geometry shells for later usage with sweat, water and/or dirt.

I think you can use more than one Geoshell, but I am not sure.

caravelle said:

I think you can use more than one Geoshell, but I am not sure.

Took a look at geoshells and it's the same issue, you stil have to split properly for the geoshell's UV.  Might as well add it to the base texture.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited November 2015

There is no way around it, unless you make the tattoo as a 'shirt'.  The skin seam is purposefully centered along the spine to help hide/minimize distortions, at least in part.  Or use a 3D paint program.

The official seam guides/templates do include registration marks to help when aligning things like tatoos.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453

Celexa, have you tried the Layered Image Editor? It's not perfect, but it makes trial and error go faster. You create the LIE preset and do preview renders in the viewport till satisfied. To tweak it, you go back into the LIE and fiddle with the x,y and angle settings. Since it's an overlay, it does not change the base texture.

I haven't tried LIE or the offical templates for this. I'll give them both a look.

• In case it's at all helpful, I made a video tutorial some time ago showing my method for putting a tattoo across the back of a G2 figure. I used Corel Paintshop Pro, which has a feature called "mesh warp," and which is relatively inexpensive software (I just checked, and it's on sale for $47.99).