Why does product not appear in DIM?

Just bought hongyu`s cowgirl for G3F but it does not appear in my DIM. WHY?

Comments

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,854

Sometimes it takes several minutes for it to appear. You can always download directly from your account thru the browser if you need the product right now nd then copy it over to DIM's Download folder.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    nDelphi said:

Sometimes it takes several minutes for it to appear. You can always download directly from your account thru the browser if you need the product right now nd then copy it over to DIM's Download folder.

well I can wait but right now I am waiting 10 or more minutes...

cosmo71 said:
    nDelphi said:

well I can wait but right now I am waiting 10 or more minutes...

I've waited hours on a few occasions. In many of those occasions there was an issue reported in others not a peep, I just wait unless I need the product for something I am working on.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609

If I click on the green button at the product library a pop up opens and shows "this link has to be started with an application" what the hell does this mean? what application? the button is lettered with "download and install" so if I click on that button it should download and install, nothing else.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

And that button is controlled by OS and browser...so there is something in either your browser (usually not rcognizing the proper protocol) or OS (usually security software) preventing it from working.

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029

I bought this product and it has not appeared in DIM although other products I bought at the same time have.

If I view the order from the account page, the Hongyu's Cowgirl 3 for Genesis 3 Female(s) product does not have a "Download & Install" button. On th other hand, if I you go to the product library it does have a Download & Install button there.

There is probably something wrong with the data bases use by DIM for this product.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800

Send in a support ticket? o.o

cosmo71 said:

If I click on the green button at the product library a pop up opens and shows "this link has to be started with an application" what the hell does this mean? what application? the button is lettered with "download and install" so if I click on that button it should download and install, nothing else.

I am late in replying, I was left with no electricity for all this time. It just came back about a half-hour ago. Anyway, when downloading from your account on the DAZ 3D website use the blue button, you will be downloading using your browser. And then you move the downloaded DIM file(s) to your DIM's Download folder and install it. That's what I do in situations like yours.

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited November 2015

Whatever was wrong seems to have been fixed. Hongyus Cowgirl 3 for Genesis 3 Female(s) appeared in my DIM Ready to Download list this afternoon.

Post edited by mark128 on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925

As stated before, sometimes it takes a bit of time to show up.

• cosmo71 said:

It's not working because the green button installs using DIM — if DIM is misbehaving for any reason, then it'll misbehave in exactly the same way when you click the green button. Don't use that, use the blue button to download manually, then find the file you just downloaded and install it manually.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Depending on your browser's security setting the green button may block the launching of an external program even if DIM is working.