External Runtime?

TimmothTimmoth Posts: 108
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I've currently got both DS3 and 4 installed, with DS4 accessing the Studio3 folders for it's old Runtime.
If I was to put my old DS3 Runtime on an external hard drive and remove the copy from my internal hard drive, would DS4 be able to access it the same?
If not, could this work any other way?
My current hard drive's filling up, becoming just one big Runtime folder... :shut:

Comments

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,312
    edited December 1969

All you have to do is point it to the right directory. I have mine on an external drive and have no issues.

• KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

Timmoth said:
    I've currently got both DS3 and 4 installed, with DS4 accessing the Studio3 folders for it's old Runtime.
    If I was to put my old DS3 Runtime on an external hard drive and remove the copy from my internal hard drive, would DS4 be able to access it the same?
    If not, could this work any other way?
    My current hard drive's filling up, becoming just one big Runtime folder... :shut:

While I have one runtime folder for everything both daz and poser in it on my desktop computer, I back it up weekly to an external hard drive so I when I switch from the desktop to the laptop I can plug and play my runtime folder on the external hard drive. I have my directory set up for both desktop runtime and external drive runtime and ever thought it the same content, it make it easy for me to move when I need to.

Hope that helps

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

Yes. I have one runtime on an external networked HD that all my PCs have access to. Makes it easier for creating content and rendering.