PZ2 files and DAZ 4.5

2»

Comments

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited May 2013

chohole said:
    PZ2 are pose files, so need to be in the pose folder. Not because that is the way it's always been done, but because that is the only place they will work from.

For DS this is completely not true. You can put pz2s in any Poser-mapped runtime in DS in any folder and they'd work fine. I keep all pz2 character skins in "Character" folder and I put all hair, regardless of hr2 or cr2 in Hair, for example with additional pz2s for colors right near the hair itself. DS 'sees' any poser content anywhere in Poser-mapped runtime.

Edited: oops, didn't notice the date ^^"

Post edited by Kattey on
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    Spit said:
    [... Richard Haseltine's script will help with merging studio materials with the poser ones.

Prep DS files

.... Thank you Spit and Richard....
    Hmm, unfortunatly this links to 4shared and the only way to download anything from there is to install their executable afaik, which I don't care to do. This has caused me to miss out on things at times and I personally wish people found another way, such as ShareCG to share things. If there is another way to get this without doing anything against Richard's wishes I would appreciate it.
  • RowanessqueRowanessque Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much and it still works today ;)

Spit said:
    StevieD said:
    You, know, this does work but WHY? I can't yet figure out why it works but in addition, it isn't perfect, either. First of all, you can't see the image of what the pose looks like. That would be nice.

So far, I haven't been able to figure out why it works. So I went further. I tried changing the DUF file extension to pz2 along with the image file of it. It did show up in the list but it didn't work as a pose preset. That's insane! A phony file with the exact name of the duf file allows the duf file to work but not the other way around? That doesn't make sense to me.

I'm going to play around with it more but if this makes sense to anyone, please let me know.

Thanks
    Steve

This is really a convenience especially for those who have a lot of Poser only files and keep them in separate runtimes, or for those who use both Poser and Studio and have both Content/Libraries and Runtimes. Many Poser files if they support Studio, only have Studio mat files to apply Studio surface settings. They don't have Studio style data files. So, instead of loading an item from a runtime, then navigating to a content/library to apply materials, you can do it all in one place. In my 'runtimes' I put the material files in a sub-folder of the object they apply to whether they also have studio-style materials or not.

It's not supposed to work the other way around because that's what content/libraries are for. Studio won't set the script that reads duf files in motion unless there's a corresponding poser file in the folder. Otherwise people's content would become incoherent and wildly unmanageable for most users.

Just rename the existing png to match the duf and pz2 filename. You should end up with three files: filename.png, filename.duf (or filename.dsa for studio 3), and filename.pz2.