I bought a Mini PC

Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,740
edited March 30 in The Commons

You may recall last year I posted a message asking for opinions on mini-PCs. I bought a AceMagician Ryzen 7 model with 32GB of RAM. I will use the new mini-PC as my every day casual PC. (For browsing the web, reading Kindle books, comics, etc.) This computer will be more than adequate for my everyday needs. I really wanted something new, and something that didn't monopolize the shelving unit.

I've heard rumors of malware on the AceMagician mini-PCs. I've already setup a bootable USB install disc for a fresh Windows 11 install.

I will use my home-built multimedia PC  for multimedia, as I had originally planned. It will sit on a shelving unit under my 55" smart TV. The TV will be the monitor for the multimedia PC.

Post edited by Ron Knights on

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,990

Ah, not just rumours, unfortunately.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,510

So when you reinstall Windows, you need to delete the restore partition and, I guess all the others, and then create one big partition to install Windows.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,373

That net guy video was very informative.

• Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,740

I scanned for viruses and other nasty stuff. The computer was clean.

The biggest complaint I have is the cheap connection ports. The Ethernet port does not click when the cable is inserted. I need to check the computer several times a day and reinsert the Ethernet cable.

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,879

Congratulations!!! I am doing something similar! I just got a new laptop today!! WooHOO!! Hooray for new computers! Woot! smiley

Congrats to you! Yeah I just love New Tech!laugh

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,812

I bought an i9 miniForums PC a few weeks ago for my TV and was blown away with it's performance yes

so then I bought a Ryzen9 miniPC as well to put on my desk to play with... just waiting for it to turn up. smiley

Both of those computers sound good to me. Mine has a Ryzen 7 CPU. I love it.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,510

It's only a matter of time before the virus infects the TV, light bulbs, and your Dutch oven.