Obj not loading in the right position in Daz Studio (SOLVED)

N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,457
edited April 18 in The Commons

So I've got this obj which is supposed to be aligned with G8M's forehead (it's like a gem). I've got it coloured, and nicely centered in Blender. However, when I import to Daz, it imports at a smaller scale, on the floor (and nowhere near G8M's forehead). 

Ideally, I'd like to make it a wearable prop in Daz Studio. But it's been a really long time since I've done anything like this. So I need a little refresher ^^'

Post edited by N-RArts on

Comments

• NinefoldNinefold Posts: 256

You probably need to change the scale value in the dialogue box that opens when you import an obj. I think it's something like 10% by default. It's probably also viable for you to scale the version you've already imported up to whatever size it's s upposed to be, position it on your G8M's forehead as desired, and then parent it to his head.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,604

As for DS / Blender's pipeline and workflow, when exporting figures / objects as OBJ from DS, always keep Scale as 100%.  When importing / exporting OBJs to / from Blender, always keep Scale as 1%. Then there'll be no Scale issue no matter you import OBJ into DS or load OBJ with MLP.

屏幕截图 2024-04-01 120548.png
    523 x 545 - 51K
    屏幕截图 2024-04-01 120627.png
    1096 x 778 - 116K
    屏幕截图 2024-04-01 120949.png
    1138 x 902 - 168K
    屏幕截图 2024-04-01 121034.png
    2024 x 1343 - 356K
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,115
    edited April 1

How I handle any .obj that is to become a prop: import it into D/S. Then resize, reposition, etc. the .obj to be where it is to be when loaded: [depending upon which edition of D/S is being used] either hide OR delete from the scene everything but the desired obj file.

Then export out the .obj file using whichever scale one wants, I use the scale for Daz, delete the item from the scene, import back into D/S the .obj file. Texture as desired, select and save the prop to the desired location. Clear the scene. Load the figure, load the new prop ... and hopefully all is well ;-)

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,457

crosswind said:

As for DS / Blender's pipeline and workflow, when exporting figures / objects as OBJ from DS, always keep Scale as 100%.  When importing / exporting OBJs to / from Blender, always keep Scale as 1%. Then there'll be no Scale issue no matter you import OBJ into DS or load OBJ with MLP.

Thank you for posting images of your settings. It made me scrutinise my own to find the problem.

The axis settings were wrong on import into Daz Studio. However, the weirdest thing was that the import scale had to be set to 5000%

Everything appears to be sorted (for now), and I've just converted my first outfit. 

Thank you for your help yes

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,604

N-RArts said:

crosswind said:

Thank you for posting images of your settings. It made me scrutinise my own to find the problem.

The axis settings were wrong on import into Daz Studio. However, the weirdest thing was that the import scale had to be set to 5000%

Everything appears to be sorted (for now), and I've just converted my first outfit. 

Thank you for your help yes

You're welcome!

But that 5000% should be the old conversion rate in b/t DS and Blender. I've never used it since I started with Blender / DS workflow...

BTW, pls try using the latest version of Blender and DO NOT use the meothod of Legacy OBJ import/export if you're still with Blender 3.x. If you start it over with your full workflow of making the outfit by using the above settings, there won't be any issue. Good luck !smiley