Redacted

cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
edited December 2022 in The Commons

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,299
    edited December 1969

The female genitals just use the body texture, though if you don't fiddle with the files to get back the original uv zones the S5 update loses the ability to have the separate map for the inner surfaces.

The maps won't be low res resampled, but I don't know how anyone could get the original size - or do you want the file size? Even that will depend as much on compression settings as on the actual detail in the uncompressed map.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,460
    edited December 1969

Yeah, just had a quick look and while it's all part of the torso texture (Steph5 UV Set torso texture at 4000x4000) it looks seamless with gens applied.

I haven't tried any renders yet, but it "feels" right... no textureless section on the perenium like the V4 textures did when applied to genesis gens. You'd have to be getting forensic for there to be an issue - as would be the case for any other quality texture on the market.

Personally, I'd say she's well worth getting.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited December 1969

Just more of the same old Poser crap, a 4k hi-res face map, a 4k low-res torso map, and an in between res limb map, and don't forget the usual garbage secondary maps.

Beats me why DAZ ever bothered buying that scanner.

• ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    Just more of the same old Poser crap, a 4k hi-res face map, a 4k low-res torso map, and an in between res limb map, and don't forget the usual garbage secondary maps.

Beats me why DAZ ever bothered buying that scanner.

Which texture are you talking about? DAZ didn't create Candace.

Just out of curiosity, what are the file sizes for the Candace face, torso and limb maps?

Coldrake

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843
    edited December 1969

File sizes in my textures folder are:
    RyCandace_face.jpg 1.28 MB
    RyCandace_faceH.jpg (with painted hair) 1.85 MB
    RyCandace_torso.jpg 1.42 MB
    RyCandace_torsoH.jpg (with painted hair) 918 KB
    RyCandace_limbs.jpg 908 KB

My main disappointment with Candace is how ORANGE she is - especially her chest. My DS 4.5 renders don't look anything like the promo images, no matter how I fiddle with lighting. Does anybody know how to adjust the color to a more reasonable skin color? I've tried adding a lot of blue in the diffuse channel. That is somewhat effective in countering the orange color, but it makes the skin very dark.