Pages disappearing in the product library

TogireTogire Posts: 408

There is a weird behavior when browsing the product library.

When you want to access a product, there is a delay, then the product page is displayed with the usual sections (product promo, name, order number, etc), and after some times the page just disappears and is replaced with the product library homepage (with an array of thumbnails of the products).

This happens after a variable time (sometimes 1s, generally around 10s, and I also experimented around one minute) and it concerns most of the products (but a few remain). After a page refresh, the same behavior is observed (proper product page, then homepage).

This is rather annoying and should be reported.

If you want to experiment by yourself, I am sure you have this product https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_86958

BTW, I use firefox with the daz-deals extension if that matters.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,358
    edited July 2

Using Daz Deals matters since what you call "homepage" with the thumbnails grid is from Daz Deals add-on.

I've just tried and what I see here is the product page starting to load, then then grid appears briefly and then the fully loaded product page appears, but on my PC the "page switches" happen almost immediately.

Post edited by Leana on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,755

I have Daz Deals Pro, but I've never seen the Product Library grid. How do you activate it?

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,191

barbult said:

I have Daz Deals Pro, but I've never seen the Product Library grid. How do you activate it?

You don't get a grid of thumbnails when you click on Product Library? That's all I have to do. And then I get to the individual items by clicking them there. What if you click on a product library page number at the bottom of the screen? That brings me to the grid from an individual library item. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,003

butterflyfish said:

barbult said:

You don't get a grid of thumbnails when you click on Product Library? That's all I have to do. And then I get to the individual items by clicking them there. What if you click on a product library page number at the bottom of the screen? That brings me to the grid from an individual library item. 

Probably depends on the browser.
    When parts of DazDeals went subscription, the grid stopped working for me and only returned sometime this spring - This was with Chrome
    The Opera version doesn't have the grid and has never had.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,191

PerttiA said:

butterflyfish said:

barbult said:

Probably depends on the browser.
    When parts of DazDeals went subscription, the grid stopped working for me and only returned sometime this spring - This was with Chrome
    The Opera version doesn't have the grid and has never had.

That is strange. I'm in Chrome (Win 11) and it's been working all along.  I do have Pro, though. IDK if that makes a difference.

edited July 2

I use Firefox and have never seen the Product Library image grid with Daz Deals Pro.

Edit: I just tried Chrome and the grid is there! Maybe it doesn't work in Firefox.

Post edited by barbult on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,281
    edited July 2

barbult said:

Slightly weirdly, it's the button to enable comments and labels - if you click the "How does this work?" it will give you an example. 

Capture.jpg
    567 x 765 - 67K
    Post edited by MelanieL on

MelanieL said:

barbult said:

Slightly weirdly, it's the button to enable comments and labels - if you click the "How does this work?" it will give you an example. 

Wow, I never would have figured that out! It was turned on in Chrome but not Firefox. I turned in on in Firefox and now I see the image grid. Thanks!

• TogireTogire Posts: 408

Again the same weird behavior in the product library. When you click on a product, its page appears and then is replaced after a few seconds by the product library homepage.

Last time, it was fixed after a few hours, but maybe it should be signaled.

BTW, this thread was created on July 2 and we are August 2. Is there a pattern and a programmed mess on the 2nd of each month? laugh

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,075

Product Library is behaving normally for me, Windows 10, Firefox.

• TogireTogire Posts: 408

Richard Haseltine said:

Product Library is behaving normally for me, Windows 10, Firefox.

Yes. It seems that the problem is fixed now. But it lasted some hours.