Yeah... but why... Questions about the new forum and it's (in)capabilities

RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
edited December 1969 in The Commons

The most breath-taking inadequacy of the new forum is the inability to imbed pictures and video into the text of a thread.

This was invaluable for those of us to like to help post tutorials and help our community.

Exactly why was this not an ability given to us all or is it something to be completed??

Was it causing problems?

is there a way to give a user "trusted" status so that they may have the ability stripped if abused?

Whats up?

Comments

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited December 1969

I agree, that would be nice to have back... especially valuable when explaining something.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    The most breath-taking inadequacy of the new forum is the inability to imbed pictures and video into the text of a thread.

This was invaluable for those of us to like to help post tutorials and help our community.

Exactly why was this not an ability given to us all or is it something to be completed??

Was it causing problems?

is there a way to give a user "trusted" status so that they may have the ability stripped if abused?

Whats up?

look at it this way there is YouTube for your video tutorials and Facebook for your pictures. just post a link in the comments section and share it that way. as George Harrison sung.. "all things must pass."
    so does all things change.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

If DAZ is touting their forum, then the usability and functionality should increase and not decrease.

I want to know if there is a reason why, mainly.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    If DAZ is touting their forum, then the usability and functionality should increase and not decrease.

Maybe they just have not got around to it yet because of so many other pressing issues they need to deal with first. like the store. and fixing issues from bug reports etc.
    But as you said no harm in asking is there :)

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,901
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:

I can't say for sure....

but I think I do remember hearing something about how many of those things are planned and/or possible, but take some time to implement. Many of the features are just not ready yet.

edited December 1969

If it is just in the wings then i am cool and will be patient but it is a major thing that needs to happen to bring the forum up to par of where it was BEFORE the change.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

As DAZ 3D have said, fixing store issues has to come before the forums. They have managed to fix some of the biggest problems (bumping threads to the top when they are posted to, larger images, sigs, avatars), but my understanding is that they were able to get those working with configuration changes and off-the-shelf add-on modules that didn't require their web developers.

edited December 1969

Like I said... as long as it is something that is in the wings and on the To DO list, it is cool and I will be a Patient Pete about it. Sorry if it has been mentioned before butI tried to find a thread on it and couldn't so I gave up and started one.

Thanks for the explanation and I look forward to this future functionality.