Daz3d Dynamic Hair

Most of us use Daz3d to create beautiful and realistic human renders and animations.But specially animation looks like to static and unrealistic moslty due to freezes hair. So some dynamic hair would be a great addition to daz and will add more realism and variety to daz3d.It is a necessary item for i wonder why it is not in daz.It should be in daz years ago.I hope Daz Studio Team will take this under consideration

(Sorry for any mistakes) 

Comments

• VenerisVeneris Posts: 115

How many years have to wait?

• It is available in current and several previous versions of Carrara which hasn't been updated in forever. I would love to see Dynamic hair in DazStudio it has dynamic cloth (a PITA to use vs Carrara BTW)

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    edited March 2016

Considering the partnership with nvidia for iray, would nvidia hairworks be a possibility? Look at how good this video looks in real time. 

This video only uses 40,000 hairs. Now just imagine this being used with double (or more) hairs and for still rendering. Hairworks could make it easy to "direct" hair, in a similar way iray directs light. Just imagine placing a "wind source" like you would place a light source. You control hair weight and volume, and then how strong and wide the wind is. You do not need to place any wind, natural gravity can be used as well. The hair has a strength slider that determines how much gravity and wind effect it has, simulating perms and stylized hair.

I understand hairworks is intended for real time applications like games, but perhaps it could be adapted for Daz. It would potentially be an amazing addition, though it would mean that any compatible hair needs to be designed completely different, so hairworks would obviously not work on current hair. I think the benefits out weigh that negative. People would still be able to use older hair, they can't use hairworks on that specific hair.

Besides, it will give content creators and Daz something new to sell! I also think that it would not be too gpu intensive. Hairworks has a bad rap among gamers for bogging down framerates, but obviously that is a real time application unlike Daz. If you take a single frame for a still render, that greatly reduces that requirement. This picture is an basic example of how to create a hairstyle with hairworks.

Any Daz animaters would be totally flipping out over the possibilities.

Post edited by outrider42 on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

It is available in current and several previous versions of Carrara which hasn't been updated in forever. I would love to see Dynamic hair in DazStudio it has dynamic cloth (a PITA to use vs Carrara BTW)

No intention of buying something not supported; I'm still waiting for support and the vapourwear that is the update to Hexagon. I'm using Blender again instead.

• Would love to have Dynamic hair in Daz Studio. As well as something like iClones soft cloth. The dynamic cloth plug in for Daz needs to be completely overhualed or replaced. 

• JimbowJimbow Posts: 557

Search here for VWD (Virtual World Dynamics).

• I agree. If Carrara isn't being upgraded anymore, then give DAZ some more Dynamic love! I'd love to be able to use Dynamic Hair and more in DAZ!

• I agree. If Carrara isn't being upgraded anymore, then give DAZ some more Dynamic love! I'd love to be able to use Dynamic Hair and more in DAZ!

That's a big, and as far as I am aware incorect, if.

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
    edited October 2016

Amazing vidieo Outrider42. I would love to see this technology implemented in DS (plugins if necessary). Together with iclone style clothing dynamics (also see Marvelous Designer technology where you can tug at clothing in real time to make it fall into the desired position) this would be fantastic. It would make doing animation in DS a real possibility and give great results for still images too.

However, I fear that this is years away in DS.

Post edited by IsaacNewton on