BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE 20 ~~TREES~~

Comments

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

@mermaid010 thank you for the comment... and your Strengthing Each Other is really great... love the shaking hands.
    @hansmar...thanks for the comment.. and your Mother tree is great!.. the modification of the roots makes for a great flow
    @yellowpen... your Fairy Tale forest is wonderful ...love the mist ande haze ... the one and only...again.. love the atmosphere... that poor lonely tree...
    @vangogh...  the glowing trees cave is very interesting...
    @vos... Reality...Reality  is really wonderful... love the dimensionality and color palette...

Here is my second entry

Banyan Tree

tree trunk modeled in Hexagon, Bryce native folliage for the leaves, Voodoo Hut-Daz, Lisa's Botanicals for the palms and palm bushes

Banyan Tree jpeg.jpg
    960 x 720 - 727K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,499

Mermaid - looking much better, I even discovered the hands. Cool idea.

mtnmen - beautiful, it has  some jungle look to it.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,884

@mtnmen: Great jungle scene.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,355

Thanks Mtnmen and Horo

Mtnmen- awesome render

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2016

Hi everyone.   I have been missing in action on this thread for a while.   I have had some pretty heavy real life stuff going on,  which just got worse.

I will try and get the judging thread done on time as normal, but just in case there is a delay  can we have some suggestions for theme for the next challenge, so we can pick a theme if the judging and results get delayed.  just this one time?

BTW there are some awsome renders posted.  You will have to forgive me for not having commented before.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • vivienvivien Posts: 184
    edited April 2016

FirePhoenix - Glad you entered the challenge. Its is a unique and beautiful entry

Horo - MelanieL - mtnmen Thank you

Yellow Pen - Love the giant tree from Angkor Wat. Dramatic and well represented. Also I really like the hazy look of the Fairytale Forest. And there is something special about The one and only.  They all  look great

Vangogh - Glowing trees is an interesting and surreal concept. I do agree that a bit of  shadows could enhance it.

Hansmar - Your last amendment to Mother tree turned out beautiful

Mermaid - Thank you. I can picture Strengthening each Other in an art gallery.... Fantastic idea. Love it.

Voz - Very nice abstract. So much to see in this scene

mtnmen - Beautiful render. Wouldn't mind being stranded in a place like this

My next entry is Mother Earth

mother earth.jpg
    1120 x 836 - 131K
    Post edited by vivien on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    Chohole said:

Hi everyone.   I have been missing in action on this thread for a while.   I have had some pretty heavy real life stuff going on,  which just got worse.

I will try and get the judging thread done on time as normal, but just in case there is a delay  can we have some suggestions for theme for the next challenge, so we can pick a theme if the judging and results get delayed.  just this one time?

BTW there are some awsome renders posted.  You will have to forgive me for not having commented before.

Oh heck... I'd noticed you hadn't been posting much... Fingers crossed whatever is going on turns out as good as it can for you. x frown

Chohole said:

Oh heck... I'd noticed you hadn't been posting much... Fingers crossed whatever is going on turns out as good as it can for you. x frown

Well the first set of real life stuff was my younger brother, He had been figthing cancer since 2014, but lost the battle. 

You like Bikes I know Dave.  A press story about my brothers Funeral.  They did give him a great "Final Ride"

The 2nd occurence still has not really truly sunk in yet, closer to home and my heart.

Daves funeral.jpg
    644 x 960 - 123K

Sorry to hear about your brother Pam.... Going by his farewell he must have been a very well liked man...And hope your second occurance is ok at the end.

Sent you a PM Vivien

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    Chohole said:
    Well the first set of real life stuff was my younger brother, He had been figthing cancer since 2014, but lost the battle. 

You like Bikes I know Dave.  A press story about my brothers Funeral.  They did give him a great "Final Ride"

The 2nd occurence still has not really truly sunk in yet, closer to home and my heart.

Oh, I'm truly sorry to hear that... Thoughts are with you.

Bikers are the most loyal friends to have and on the whole a great bunch of people.

Chohole said:

Sorry to read about your loss, time is a great healer. Praying the second occurrence ends in a brighter note.

edited April 2016

Vivien – Mother Earth is beautiful.

Getting my last entry in before the deadline. I used a free Hdri – Mono Lake as a backdrop.

The 3rd entry using a free Hdri – Mono Lake.

Suspended

suspended3.jpg
    600 x 600 - 45K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

@vivien: Nice last render.

@mermaid010: Looks like a tree in a lamp. Very nice idea.

Pam, very sorry to hear about your brother and other occurrence. Hope everything turns out OK. I'd like to send you a lot of strength.

Thanks Hansmar.  I don't want to bring this thread down in tone, but I am really struggling to get through this. first of all my brother, and then on Monday I lost my other half, longtime partner of 25 years. He had a sudden symptonless thing sneak up on him, called an "Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm"

I am very sorry to hear about your two losses in such a short time, Pam. I wish you all the strength to get over this terrible fate and find peace to look forward to a brighter time.

• brian_951ca531brian_951ca531 Posts: 7
    edited April 2016

First time submitting. Here is my high contrast Psychotic Orchard.

ThePsychOrchard_HighContrast.png
    1920 x 720 - 836K
    Post edited by brian_951ca531 on
  • And then again, as the RedLand Orchard...

RedLandOrchard.jpg
    1754 x 658 - 150K
  • And then the over-rendered RedLand Orchard

WetlandForest.png
    1754 x 658 - 2M
  • Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 499
    edited May 2016

I’ve really enjoyed seeing this challenge’s images. Always interesting to see how people approach the theme.

Here’s mine: "Dawn’s Hunters".

Tree models and billboards from Xfrog.

’”shrubs” created in Abaro.

Grass created in Modo.

G2 Male and Eagle from DAZ3D.

Put some pants on the male figure to comply with DAZ’s rather Victorian TOS.

Illuminated by the sun and “Use Sky” IBL.

Rendered at 64 RPP/12 Ray bounces/True Ambience - just over 2hr 45min.

Thanks for looking!

dawn_hunters.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 205K
    Post edited by Dan Whiteside on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

@ Chohole : So sorry to hear about your losses. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,099

@Chohole

Condolences to you and your family.

I received a letter last year to go for an ultrasound for that very condition, at least I think that was what they said, as they were doing a screening program. It would appear it can be detected if it is there. Fortunately I passed the test and have been told I am safe. I'm glad I went now.

I was right it was that they were checking for.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Repairofabdominalaneurysm/Pages/Introduction.aspx

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,298

@Chohole - so sorry to hear of your multiple losses, my heart goes out to you. Condolences to all the family.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,907

@Chohole ,  I am very sorry to hear of your losses, I wish to you strenght and supportive friends to help you during this time. Take your time and take care of yourself.

If I can be of any help you are welcome to ask.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

@chohole... so sorry about your losses... Hopes for comfort... in time...

@Chohole: How terribly sad. Hope you have support near and will find your way to come to terms with the things you can no longer influence.

@brian_951ca531 and Dan Whiteside: Hope you can understand that, with the tragic news from our moderator, many of us seem to be less interested in reacting to your works than we usually would be. Nothing to do with the quality of your work or your creativity, as you will understand.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    Chohole said:

Sorry for your loss Chohole.  Also sorry I wasn't able to get a render into this contest, I liked the theme.   Good luck to all those who participated in this trees contest!  Dan, nice orange sky!

Although I would of course vote for the participants or winner's suggestions for themes over mine, as you specifically asked here are a few random theme ideas to add to bottom of the pile of ideas, in no particular order:

storms

light and color

the deep

wanderlust

Pam - I've tried sending you an e-mail a couple of days ago in response to you news, but it keeps on coming back. Now I tried send you a personal message in this forum. Hope you get it. If not I'll keep on trying some other way.....

Strenght my friend 

Chohole said:

brian_951ca531 - welcome to these forums. Great entries.

Dan - beautiful scene, great vegetation and lighting.