Rights (and wrongs?)

bringhobringho Posts: 239
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I've been working on an upgrade (or maybe downgrade, depending on point of view %-P) for my eXtreeme Heels Pumps for a while.

I've created a "Lower Morph" - NOT low - only an inch lower. They are still high enough to scare most females including my wife ;-)

However and more to the point of this posting. I'm also thinking about creating morphs for a number of pants which only look silly with the rotation angles used on my pumps.

I've done a first test with the Jasmin Skinny Jeans and they look great, but can I distribute my morphs for that product in my expansion package for my xTH Pumps?

In Daz Studio 4.5 (yes I've migrated to 4.5 at last) I saved my morphs as "Support Asset/Morph Asset" and I see no reason why I could not distribute them as they only carry deltas, right? :cheese:

However I would like to distribute the new COMPRESSED "SkinnyJeans.dsf" that was created when I saved the updated asset "File/Save As/Support Asset/Save Modified Asset". The reason for this is to get the ERC Freeze connection on my corrective morphs.

I guess this is a NO-NO even though the "Save Modified Asset" created a compressed "SkinnyJeans.dsf"? :coolhmm:

Another way around this problem would be if I could get DS 4.5 to update to a readable file, then I could extract the ERC Freeze code and distribute just that (with instructions as how to update the item.dsf file, provided the customer knows how to handle a text editor).

Now that may not be such a big deal if I may distribute my morphs as It's quite easy to create ERC Freeze instructions (now that I've finally figured out how to do it).

Downgraded_Jasmin.PNG
675 x 632 - 236K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293
    edited December 1969

No, you can't distribute the figure file. What you can do, in the proerty editor, is set the ERC links to save with your morphs rather than with the original morphs - then when a user puts your morph in the installation the links with the original morphs will be recreated. You need to open each ERC link in property editor to check, and if need be change, the save with settings.

• bringhobringho Posts: 239
    edited September 2012

No, you can't distribute the figure file. What you can do, in the property editor, is set the ERC links to save with your morphs rather than with the original morphs - then when a user puts your morph in the installation the links with the original morphs will be recreated. You need to open each ERC link in property editor to check, and if need be change, the save with settings.

Thanks Richard!

That sounds like my cup of tea!

I've looked around in the property editor but have no clue as how to save the ECR Freeze with my morph?!? :roll:

Could it be "Save with subcomponent"?

Please send me of in the right direction master. :down:

Post edited by bringho on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719
    edited December 1969

I love your extreme heels, genesis is in such need of quality heels. Look forward to the "upgrade", please produce more styles!!!!

edited December 1969

If you morph is controlled by another morph you want the ERC to ave with the subcomponent, if it's the controller you want the ERC to save with the master.

edited December 1969

I love your extreme heels, genesis is in such need of quality heels. Look forward to the "upgrade", please produce more styles!!!!

Thyank you!

Yes, the Pumps was only something to get started with ;-)

Cheerio for now!

edited December 1969

If you morph is controlled by another morph you want the ERC to ave with the subcomponent, if it's the controller you want the ERC to save with the master.

At the moment my morph os controlled my the X Rotation (BEnd) of the lFoot and rFoot individually.

If needed that change!

I tried to change the ... check the image ... and when I did "Save Modofied Asset" from the Property Editor Pane my files became larger (and compressed) and the SkinnyJeans.dsf became smaller but I have yet to test the result on another machine...

Please advice !!!

Sub-Component.PNG
    281 x 278 - 11K
    edited December 1969

That was it!

Verified that it works on my second computer!!!

You are a true Daz Wizard Richard!

edited December 1969

I'm surprised it makes a size difference, but the settings look right in your screenshot so the morph files saved from that should work, and set up the ERC, on a different machine.

edited December 1969

I'm surprised it makes a size difference, but the settings look right in your screenshot so the morph files saved from that should work, and set up the ERC, on a different machine.

To be honest I did not record the figures, my wetware may fool me once again...