Installing Content in DS4- THANK YOU!

DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,504
edited December 1969 in The Commons

NORMALLY when I install content I have to install to a temp folder, rename folders, and drag to where I want. I have my runtime organized very simply but it helps me find things. For example, in my figures directory, I have a folder for each: accessories, animals, creature/character, clothes (and sub folders for each figure's clothes by name so I can find the right clothes quickly), hair, misc props, and settings (more folders but i forget them right now).

because content often comes like this: Figures:vendor name:item name, it's a jumbled mess in the runtime if i install as is.

The GOOD news is that so far almost every content for DS4 is somewhat organized!!! YAY!

Content makers still have what is, IMO, a 'bad habit' of putting all their content into a sub folder of their name... which personally I hate. I know some like it. I'd rather have the content maker's name be the LAST folder, under a folder that at least says what the item IS so its more easily found.

I still don' use the smart content in DS4 so I still do a tiny bit of shuffling in the content folders but by and far its much easier.

Just wanted to say that I appreciate it. :)

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    edited December 1969

The fast becoming the norm is to put the Materials for the figure in the folder for it so one doesn't have to scout around looking for them. Load up the clothes, click on the + arrow and down comes the figures materials .... very fast and elegant... I think so anyways!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I think she is talking about subfolders like Genesis / Clothing / Smay or SickleYield or whatever.
    Instead of Genesis / Clothing / Bad Guy Smay or something.