Is any old daz studio versions available still?

Guardian Angel 671Guardian Angel 671 Posts: 216
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have a friend that is wanting to know if any of the older Daz Studio versions can be downloaded from anywhere? The newer version isn't playing nice with their laptop-keeps crashing it. If anyone can be of help it is appreciated:)
Rose

Comments

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

If you contact Daz customer support they will be able to send you which ever version you need by email.

• Guardian Angel 671Guardian Angel 671 Posts: 216
    edited December 1969

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

For older machines, you can get ver 2 here:
    http://download.cnet.com/DAZ-Studio/3000-6677_4-10815157.html

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

No, it may say DS2 on that page, but when you try downloading it will revertt to DS4

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

Well, that's not good. Hmm

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Yeah like I said before

Only Legit way to get a fully working copy of Ds2 or Ds3 is from Contacting Tech Support.

Ask for Craig or dang it I forgot her name, chick that helped me out a few months ago. I think it was Ashley. They will be more than happy to help you out. As agents they have copies of almost all previous versions of the Studio Installers.

They will either send it to you via email or reset it from your itemized order history.

They were able to get me Version 3.1.2.32. which I believe was the last FF official release.

I also have 2.3.3.163

I also still have the installer for my first version of studio which was 1.8

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940
    edited December 1969

...I've still got 1.7 on a DVD backup.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

I found my backup with 1.3.0.1 on it

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited September 2012

I thought I had one older...but the oldest one I can find is 1.7, then 2.1, several different 3.x versions, two 4.0 and one 4.5 (still need to grab the latest beta 4.5) I've actually got 1.7 installed...

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

I found my backup with 1.3.0.1 on it
    ...too bad there's the EULA. Love to have that in the collection.

• attiniaattinia Posts: 2
    edited September 2017

Forgive me for my direct question. I was an old old DAZ customer.
    I used the 1st DAZ studio 1.x (I don't remember which subversion) I've some pojects done in the original DAZ format.
    Cause contingence reasons those project will not re-open with actual DAZ studio Version.
    I'd like to be able to open'em and maybe convert 'em in modern format but... without the old DAZ Studio version... I can do nothing.
    Someone which own a backup of DAZ 1.x can gently tell me how I can get from him/her?
    Thanks a lot.
    Attinia.
    email removed

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • attinia said:

I used the 1st DAZ studio 1.x (I don't remember which subversion) I've some pojects done in the original DAZ format.
    Cause contingence reasons those project will not re-open with actual DAZ studio Version.
    I'd like to be able to open'em and maybe convert 'em in modern format but... without the old DAZ Studio version... I can do nothing.
    Someone which own a backup of DAZ 1.x can gently tell me how I can get from him/her?
    Thanks a lot.
    Attinia.
    email removed

Sorry, but that is not allowed. You could try opening a support ticket to ask for help.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,452
    edited September 2017

Not that it does anybody any good, I was sorting my computer archives drives the other day and found my archived versions of DAZ Studio.  I have pretty much all of them beginning with DAZ_Studio_Alpha_0.8.16.1 surprise.  The install package was 40MB compared with the latest install package of DAZ_Studio4.9.3.166 that is 325MB. indecision The earliest date I can find on the install '.exe' itself is 1/22/2004 but I don't know how accurate that is considering that I've moved copies of that file from disk to disk over the years.

The first Beta that I have is version 0.9.0.0

The first actual release of DAZ Studio (non-alpha, non-beta) that I have is 0.9.28.4 yes

The first release that I have labled as version 1 is DAZ_Studio1 that has a date on it of 9/14/2005

Back in those days, new releases came out every time you sneezed, and you weren't guaranteed to see uninterrupted progress. frown

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • attinia said:

Thanks a lot.
    Attinia.
    email removed

Sorry, but that is not allowed. You could try opening a support ticket to ask for help.

I already asked. I already opened tickets. More than one time.
    Nothing to do.
    DAZ operators were (apparently) kind and polite... but, for the facts, they politely and kindly made fun of me answering generic words (my opinion) without any kind of sense.
    Thanks anyway, at least, for the answer.

Sincerely, Attinia.

• attinia said:

Thanks a lot.
    Attinia.
    email removed

Since you used it before, did you have it registered with DAZ? If so, it should be in your product library.

If you were using a different user name at the time sign in with that name and and look in your product library. If it is there you can click on it on download from there.

• Pack58Pack58 Posts: 750
    attinia said:

Thanks a lot.
    Attinia.
    email removed

The first edition of Figures, Characters and Avatars: The Official Guide to Using DAZ Studio has a copy of D/S 2.3 that may help, if you can find a copy.
    I had to go this way to get a version that worked on an old (12/13 years) solar powered laptop network running XP that I used in my hunting cabin (5 hours from roadhead).