"Crosstalk" Problem with G3

So I if load two G3's into a scene, usually starting with one, and then merging a scene which only contains another G3 figure with clothes, their morphs start to change.  It looks like "crosstalk" but I'm not sure if that's what it really is as I am still a novice in DS.  Using DS 4.8 in windows 8.1.

Wondering if there's a way to avoid this.

Thanks.

Comments

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

I have come across this problem before (using DS4.9.1.30 with Win7 Pro 64bit). I submitted a help request on this issue two days ago when I found that even when loading two clean copies of g3f one of them changes scale yet both still say that scale is at 100%.

I have noticed that it makes a difference if you have or have not got the first figure selected when you load the second. Still it seems to be a bug.

I am still waiting for an answer from the helpdesk. I'll forward the reply here, but it may help if you also submit a help request.

• gederixgederix Posts: 390

I encountered this the other day also, had a figure all set, posed etc, loaded another already set up figure and the original figures face went out of whack (big cheeks, fish lips). I worked around it by clearing the scene, loading the first figure and saving it as a shape preset and then applying that when things went sideways after merging in the second figure. Both were G3F but otherwise different characters.

• onimushaonimusha Posts: 189

I like that shape preset solution.  Didn't even know you could do that.  Thanks!

3 days and still no reply from the helpdesk on this bug.

• If it has to be examned by the developers, or iss imply proving difficult to reproduce, then it may take a while to get a response beyond the basic acknowledgement.

Then I'll be patient :)

• KristinFKristinF Posts: 35

I have the same problem.  Each figure you add interferes with the previous figures morphs.  I am sending in a bug report as well.

Hi I have had a reply from the DAZ helpdesk.

I was instructed to uninstall Genesis 3 essentials starter pack. Then make sure all the files were gone and then reinstall.

This appears to work.

I would make a couple of additional comments. 

The folders to check are: 

C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/.....
    C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Basic Wear/

or the same folders at a different root if you have your DAZ Library elsewhere.

Also check that you don't have similar folders elsewhere, for example if you ever moved your DAZ Library manually.

Check that you don't delete subfolders relating to 3rd party items for genesis 3.

You could always make a back up of the Genesis 3 folders in a place not indicated as a runtime folder, as a precaution.

• onimushaonimusha Posts: 189
    edited May 2016

Hi I have had a reply from the DAZ helpdesk.

I was instructed to uninstall Genesis 3 essentials starter pack. Then make sure all the files were gone and then reinstall.

This appears to work.

I would make a couple of additional comments. 

The folders to check are: 

C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/.....
    C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Basic Wear/

or the same folders at a different root if you have your DAZ Library elsewhere.

Also check that you don't have similar folders elsewhere, for example if you ever moved your DAZ Library manually.

Check that you don't delete subfolders relating to 3rd party items for genesis 3.

You could always make a back up of the Genesis 3 folders in a place not indicated as a runtime folder, as a precaution.

Thank you for posting this.  Unfortunately, I tried this and it didn't work.  Maybe I didn't delete all the correct files, but reinstalling should have overidden them anyway. 

Post edited by onimusha on

Onimusha, I suggest you send in a bug report to the helpdesk. There may be another possible cause. I would be interested to hear the results.