Is the content included in Carrara 8.5 Pro compatible with Daz Studio?

I noticed that Carrara includes a bunch of content for free and I was wondering if it is compatible with Daz Studio 4.9. I also would like to know if I can decimate and export the models from Carrara to be used in video games. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

It comes with the Victoria 5 Pro and Michael 5 Pro bundles, which are regular Daz Studio products, and a whole raft of native format content, from scenes to landscapes to props, which are not compatible with DS (although there are doubtless ways to export them).

As to whether you could use them as assets in video games, that's a licensing matter, and, I suspect, probably not.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Anything that isn't a native Carrara format object actually is a DAZ|Studio content item, exactly the same as what's in the store.

• Will the models be installed in Daz Studio when I install Carrara?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,447

Will the models be installed in Daz Studio when I install Carrara?

If you use Install Manager yes, I believe so.

• Cool, because considering the price it has now and all the content included for free, it has a pretty nice value if you still don't have the models included.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Will the models be installed in Daz Studio when I install Carrara?

If you use Install Manager yes, I believe so.

Confirmed - they're added to your account and downloaded in the regular way.