Is there a way to isolate a single morph on G3f?

I am trying to transfer head morphs from V4 characters to G3f. Unfortunately sometimes there is distortion in the front teeth (as shown in the attached image). The amount of distortion depends on the V4 character head morph I'm transferring. V4 base gives no distortion; though this is probably not a suprise as the base G3f shape seems to be virtually identical to the base V4 shape.

If I could isolate the morph in the teeth, I could export the teeth morph and reload it in reverse to cancel out the distortion.

Is there a way to do this?

ToothyProblem.jpg
400 x 400 - 96K

Comments

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
    edited May 2016

For example, I have managed to export the upper and lower teeth of the morphed figure from ZB, by deleting all other polygroups. Is it now possible to use the deformed teeth obj as a morph target on the complete figure within ZB and then export the full figure with the teeth morph inverted?

(I should clarify that the teeth distortion comes with the new head morph and I wish to keep the head morph whilst getting rid of the teeth distortion)

Post edited by IsaacNewton on
  • IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

With the release of DS4.9.2.70 the answer is now yes!

In Morph Loader Pro, select the morph you will load and lots of options popup. Select "Attenuate By" to bring up a whole raft of methods for selecting which bits you want or don't want.

For example if you only want the Head choose one of the methods for selecting the Body and then select "Strength" and set it to -1. You will then only get the Head part of the morph.

Josh Darling has done a You Tube vid to illustrate this. Thanks Josh.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,001

You can also remove the influence of a loaded morph on a particaulr set of vertices within DS if you have already loaded the morph. That is also covered in Josh's video.