Geograft morph controller

ThorThor Posts: 43

I've created a geograft for hands:

I've also created a full body morph.

The problem is when I apply the FBM, the geograft's geometry gets a little whacked:

... so I created a morph for the geograft to correct it:

What I'd like to do is have the FBM control the geograft's corrective morph so that it gets applied by the FBM.
I'm pretty sure this can be done, but I'm unsure of the steps to make this happen.

Thanks for any help!

geo-001.jpg
800 x 499 - 168K
geo-002.jpg
800 x 598 - 186K
geo-003.jpg
800 x 576 - 102K
Post edited by Thor on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,960

You could just load the corrected morph into the hand mesh and name it to match the morph on the body - name, not lavbel, which you can get from the Parameter Settings dialogue. Then the morph will automatically apply.

• ThorThor Posts: 43

You could just load the corrected morph into the hand mesh and name it to match the morph on the body - name, not lavbel, which you can get from the Parameter Settings dialogue. Then the morph will automatically apply.

Thanks Richard, that's simple enough... I was going crazy looking at morph cloner, morph mover, etc.. at one point I somehow got the controller to work, but in the wrong direction (the hand morph was controlling the FBM instead of vice-versa)

... is there any way to avoid having to rename the hand morph each time I create a new figure and add my hand geograft? Saving the scene worked, but what about saving the figure or scene subset? Should I resave my geograft as a new morph asset?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,960

I was suggesting adding the matching morph to the geoGraft, not to the base figure - then you use File>Save as>Support Assets>Morph Asset. If you name the OBJ file for the morph you are matching there shouldn't then be any need to rename anything.