Broken arm

I need to model a broken arm (very broken, like folded on itself).  As I'd like the break to be mid-forearm, I know this doesn't really work with the internal 'bones' of the models, but I was hoping someone knew of a way to do it.

I've tried duplicating the character and hiding the hand on one and everything else on the other, but it doesn't look very good.

Need to break the hand / fingers too, but that seems easier to fake.

(Main character was tortured by villain for a while, got free, wanted to make sure the person wouldn't be torturing anymore...)

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Is this for a still?

If it is, then you can export the posed figure, the one needing a break, to a modelling program, do what you need to the arm then reimport/reapply materials and render...

If it's needed for a sequence/animation, it will be a bit trickier, but probably still need to go through an external modelling program.

• thistledownsnamethistledownsname Posts: 1,323

Yeah, it's just one shot, maybe from two angles.  I'm not really familiar with any modeling besides Daz and autoCAD, so I'm not sure what I would need to do with the export.  I have access to Blender, but haven't really tried it except to convert file types.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited May 2016

Since it doesn't have to be a morph or anything, you can export the fully posed character at full resolution, in obj format.  Then import that into Blender.

Use the 'keep vertex order' on the Blender import option and once in Blender select the figure and tab into Edit mode.  Hit A to clear all the selected faces, then...

Then hit 'B'...that is Box select...select the hand/arm and  start playing...R is rotate (view angle dependent); R > x is rotate on X axis, R > y is rotate on y....

Then you can flip over to Sculpt mode and use the Smoothing brush to smooth it out a little.

And when you are satisfied, export from Blender....and use the same scale/options you used for exporting from Studio to import it back (probalby just use the Daz Studio option on both).

imageupload65.png
    536 x 165 - 22K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on