Question about Genesis Supersuit - Stinger preset

XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello!

I have the Genesis Supersuit and like it very much. Now I want to create my own clothes and styles with it. But there is one problem: I really like the material from the Stinger preset. It looks like plastic or latex or such stuff. But there is no such material included. I have only the leather and dot sparkle shaders, and the metal ones. So, how is the Stinger material done? Do I have to change some shaders for this? If yes, how is that done?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

According to the Product Page there are shaders supplied with the suit.

•53 Shader Presets: (.DSA)
    ◦19 Shader Presets by RL
    ◦24 Shader Presets by Fisty
    ◦10 Shader Presets by LaFille

Are you not able to locate these? What is Singer, is it part of this suit?

• XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Stinger is one of the style/material presets that comes with the Supersuit. Yes, I see all the shaders that come with the suit and I have tried them all. But no one seems to look like those from this preset.

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Well, I know the black part on Stinger comes from the "Leather-Black" from the Shaders pack that comes with the Supersuit (but colored darker). And from a close-up view of the Stinger preset, the yellow part looks like it's just a recolored version of the "Leather-Black" from the Shaders pack that comes with the suit.

If you want to apply the yellow part to clothes, all you have to do is load the Supersuit, load up the Stinger, locate one of the yellow parts of the suit in the Surfaces tab and copy it with the right mouse button. Then apply it to your clothing of choice with the Paste, again with the right mouse button and using the surfaces tab.

Simple.

edited September 2012

Found the presets in the Supersuit Shaders pack!

The yellow in the Stinger preset is found in the Shaders set under "Colors>13-Gold". Not sure about the black. It can only be one of two options, though. It's either the Black option in "Colors>16-Black" or it's under "Fabric>Leather-Black but darkened up a bit. Both are close enough.

But the Gold one is definately the one I pointed out. Do a comparison of Stinger and load a different item using the Gold shader on it I pointed out earlier. Do a close up of both and render, you'll see they are the same.

Hope this helps. :)

Post edited by Knight22179 on
  • XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Oh yes, that helps a lot. Thank you very much !!!!!!

edited December 1969

Your welcome. :)