Belly piercings

Belly piercings that follows the belly movement but also have adjustment morphs to optimize figure shape morphs. Example: If the hip/waist/belly is wider the belly piercing also gets spread wider what have a not so good result/look, so we need an adjustment morphs to narrow the piercing, same for depth and hight.

Comments

• KarenKaren Posts: 85

Hi, Cosmo,

I tried some quick modelling an rigging: see pics

No adjustments needed ;-) The Piecing does not deform but follows every shape. Do mean something like this?

gen3default.jpg
    305 x 310 - 26K
    g3heavymorph.jpg
    423 x 450 - 24K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305

Make it a figure not a prop and assign a Rigidity Group, assuming this is Daz Studio.

edited May 2016

A figure with Rigidity Group still needs adjustments morphs. Maybe more than one without, because it won't follow the Figure's morphs at all (dissapears into the belly).

Edit: Deleted my previous post, because it is a bit more complicated than I thought. But I will find a solution.

Post edited by Karen on
    edited May 2016

Okay, got it :-) @Cosmo: How should the piercing look like? I woud like to make freebie (Genesis 3 Female, Daz Studio only), so any wishes?

Post edited by Karen on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305

A figure with Rigidity Grouped mesh and a reference polygon should work fairly well, or there are Rigid Follow Nodes.

Rigid Follow Nodes are the solution - but I think they only work with Daz Studio and can't be used for Poser, right? Well, that's okay for me; since I don't use Poser anymore ;-)

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited May 2016
    Karen said:

Hi, Cosmo,

I tried some quick modelling an rigging: see pics

No adjustments needed ;-) The Piecing does not deform but follows every shape. Do mean something like this?

exactly like that, a piercing that does not deform but follows every shape/move, I use some zev0 morphs for widen body parts like belly, waist, hip or full body for example and the piercings I have right now for g3f all deforms. I have some piercing props that I can apply to the body part but they need adjustments when moving the bodypart (bending and so). Would be also cool to have morphs for the ball size for example or to different piercings.

Another thing that would be great to have are piercings for nipples that follows without any additional adjustment and for that I have an Idea but no clue how to create it by myself. If you create a bra for example the nipple region follows each pose so why not creating a bra that is hidden but have not hidden piercings in place, understandable?

Post edited by cosmo71 on
    Karen said:

Okay, got it :-) @Cosmo: How should the piercing look like? I woud like to make freebie (Genesis 3 Female, Daz Studio only), so any wishes?

I have some props, I will poste some images soon.

Karen said:

Rigid Follow Nodes are the solution - but I think they only work with Daz Studio and can't be used for Poser, right? Well, that's okay for me; since I don't use Poser anymore ;-)

here are some of the props of a piercing set I have. The have different material zones so one is able to add different colors or shaders for the balls, cones and so on.

piercings.jpg
    945 x 231 - 14K
    edited May 2016

Piercings ever have a following problem, same for piercings on eyebrows, nose and lips, would be nice to have piercings which follows facial expressions or movements but well, I know that this is nearly impossible to create. You might say well, it is easy to adjust and yes it is but if a model has a lot of piercings and each has to be adjusted it is a lot of work then.

Post edited by cosmo71 on
  • retiretomauiretiretomaui Posts: 387

Some belly button jewels would also be anice addition. Just the jewel inset into the navel. Add some glow for a fantasy scene and voila, instant magic.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418
    edited May 2016

'Piercing Essentials' for G2F by PandyGirl  http://www.daz3d.com/piercing-essentials-for-genesis-2-female-s has a plethora of face piercings, but you can take them for the belly, too, if you parent them to the abdomen. They come with many nice shaders; e.g. Metallic No 9 is one of the very rare shades of 'real' fine gold I know about. They have to be adjusted (z translate) if the figure is very voluminous, but I found that on the whole they behave very well and keep their shape. Nice with G3F too.

Post edited by caravelle on
    edited May 2016

- double posting removed by caravelle -

Post edited by caravelle on
  • gederixgederix Posts: 390

There's an extra space at the end of your link to piercing essentials breaking the link.

Sorry, now it works.

edited August 2016

@cosmo: you are not forgotten. Had a delay in progress so to say, but now I uploaded my first freebie to ShareCG

http://www.sharecg.com/v/85855/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Belly-piercings

Hope the link works and I am allowed to post here.

Edit: Corrected the link and added a picture

belly_piercing_2.png
    500 x 500 - 378K
    Post edited by Karen on

I downloaded the set from sharecg; it looks very nice. Thank you!