why 2 runtime folders? is this normal

I've being buying some stuff from renderosity as of late, and installing things manually and I think I screwed something up.

I now have 2 runtime folders:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime

and

C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\content\Runtime

I'm not sure when or how this happend. It wasn't just a missed drag and drop or copy, because I have more than a few things installed in this second path, though the majority of my stuff is installed in the first path above. And everything as far as I can tell works.

Should I just reinstall the stuff that is in ...content\runtime? Does it make a difference?

is there a reason for having 2 runtime folders?

This is going to keep me from sleeping now.

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,936
    edited May 2016

It is a problem to have a runtime folder nested inside a "content" folder. You should not have that "content" folder.

You can merge the contents of C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\content\Runtime with C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime. When you install manually next time, take the contents of "content" and copy it to C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library. Do not copy the "content" folder itself. You should never create nested runtime folders.

Post edited by barbult on
  • FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

I also have a data, materials, and people folder in that same content folder, with a few things in each. I'm guessing that is a problem as well?

Take everything in content and move it up one level out of content. Merge each folder in content with the one in the library folder above it that has the same name. Everything should work fine.

Got it, thank you.

Don't beat yourself up or lose sleep over this. It is one of the most common mistakes people make with manual installation. Congratulate yourself on spotting the problem.

Yes, thanks again for your quick advice. It was an easy fix and everything is where it should ne now.