Deleted presets still listed (with blank images)

How can I get obsolete saved presets out of my DAZ presets list? I deleted the files with FileManager, but they still appear (with blank images) in my Pose and Shader lists. I'm sure this is a ridiculously easy solution and I'll feel silly once someone explains it. So please ... make me feel silly? wink

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,447

You can right-click on the items and delete them from the context menu - select all of them in a single folder and you can delete them all at once.

• CrissieBCrissieB Posts: 195

Hi Richard,

Attached is the popup menu I get when I right-click on one of my deleted presets. I deleted the files with File Manager, but I can't get their 'ghosts' out of my context list.

Thanks for your help,

Crissie

UndeletedPresets.jpg
    1440 x 900 - 268K
  • JD_MortalJD_Mortal Posts: 758

Try "browse to file location"... see if there is some other thing you missed, which you thought you deleted...

Then, if there is nothing there, it is just lingering in the database. Go to your content library and select to "Scan known directories for files", and also "Content DB manager", and "reimport metadata". (Those two should wipe-out the dead files from the database, in both situations.)

Thank you, JD_Mortal. smiley

DAZ Studio warned me that scanning known directories "may take minutes or hours, depending on how much content you own" ... so I'll wait to start that overnight. Then I'll do the other two.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,447
    edited May 2016

Try doing that in the full content pane in case the issue is that you are using the presets tab of another pane - Show in Content Library and select Products or Categories.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

I'm not sure what you mean by that, Richard. Could you do screen shots of what you mean and how to get there, please?

Hi JD_Mortal. I scanned known directories and did Content Database Maintenance/Reimport metadata. I also did Content Database Maintenance/Remove Ophaned File References. And still ... the deleted files appear in my Surfaces>Saved Files>Presets. I guess I'll just have to ignore them.

• MarkusBMarkusB Posts: 1

Saw this because I had the same issue for Pose Presets I had saved but no longer need. I know this is an old thread but others might have the same issue and this post didn't resolve the issue. I resolved it by going to the Content Library>Categories>Default>Saved Files>Presets>Pose, R-Clicking on each preset and choosing "Remove Reference...".