Properties Pane Preset List Broken Worse Than Ever

CrissieBCrissieB Posts: 195

A few days ago I posted that I had trouble with shader and material presets that I had saved and later deleted, still appearing in my Properties>Surfaces>Presets list. ( http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/88501/deleted-presets-still-listed-with-blank-images#latest ) I tried the solutions that were offered ...

... and now things are broken even worse. As the attached image shows, I still have all of my deleted files in the list. And now the DAZ Studio 4.9 Iray presets have vanished from the Properties>Surfaces>Presets list.

Yes, they're still listed in my Content Manager pane. No, my deleted shader and material presets do not appear in my Content Manager pane. This is not a problem with the Content Manager pane.

This is a problem with the Properties pane. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling DAZ 4.9. That did not fix the problem.

Any ideas?

PropertiesPaneSurfacesPresets.png
399 x 779 - 61K
Post edited by CrissieB on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,001

I assume you mean the Iray presets are and the deleted presets are not in the Content Library pane under DAZ Studio Formats?

• CrissieBCrissieB Posts: 195

All of the DAZ 4.9 Iray presets are still in the Content Pane>DAZ Studio Formats>My DAZ 3D Library>Shader Presets>Iray>DAZ Uber folder.

My deleted presets are not in Content Pane>DAZ Studio Formats>My DAZ 3D Library>Shader Presets, or in Content Pane>DAZ Studio Formats>My Library>Presets>Shaders.

My still-existing shaved presets are​ in Content Pane>DAZ Studio Formats>My Library>Presets>Shaders.

In other words, the Content Pane lists are exactly as they should be. This is not about the Content Pane list.

This is about the Properties Pane list. My deleted presets are still​ in Properties Pane>Surfaces>Presets>Saved Files. The DAZ Studio 4.9 Iray presets are not​ in Properties Pane>Surfaces>Presets>Shaders.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

If you go to Content Library pane > Categories > Presets > Shaders, can you delete the orphaned icons there? (And the same for Categories > Shaders if they show up there.)

Do the presets you saved that are still existing show up in Content Library > Categories > Shaders (or Presets > Shaders)?

Yes, the DAZ 4.9 Iray shaders are​ in the Content Library (under DAZ Studio Formats>My DAZ 3D Library>Shader Presets>Iray>DAZ Uber), as are the presets that I saved and kept (under DAZ Studio Formats>My Library>Presets>Shaders). The presets I saved and deleted are not​ in the Content Library. The Content Library is exactly as it should be.

This is about the Properties Pane lists, where you find Parameters, Shaping, Posing, Surfaces, Lights, and Cameras. Within the Surfaces tab, at the top there are three tabs: Presets, Editor, and Shader Baker. Within Surfaces>Presets there are drop-downs for Materials, Props, Shaders, and Saved Files.

• The DAZ 4.9 Iray shaders ​are no longer in​ the Parameters>Surfaces>Presets>Shaders list.
    • The presets I had saved but later deleted are still​ in the Parameters>Surfaces>Presets>Saved Files list, along with the presets I saved and still use.

I want to get the DAZ 4.9 Iray shaders back into the Parameters>Surfaces>Presets>Shaders list, and my saved-but-later-deleted files out of​ the Parameters>Surfaces>Presets>Saved Files list.

Okay ... I uninstalled DAZ Studio 4.9 and Default Resources for DAZ Studio 4.9+, restarted my computer, reinstalled DAZ Studio 4.9 and Default Resources, then restarted again:

• The DAZ 4.9 Iray shaders are back​ in the Parameters>Surfaces>Presets>Shaders list. smiley
    • ​Alas, the presets I had saved but later deleted are still in the Parameters>Surfaces>Presets>Saved Files list. sad

So ... uninstalling, restarting, reinstalling, and restarting again got me back to my original problem: the saved-but-later-deleted presets still appearing in my Parameters>Surfaces>Presets>Saved Files list.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Not Content Library > Daz Studio Formats, Content Library > Categories.  See if you can delete them from there.

edited May 2016

That did it!!!!! smiley

I misread your earlier reply. I sincerely apologize. Thank you so much, Mike!

Post edited by CrissieB on