DAZ Connect cannot find previously downloaded content

So, I ran into a bit of an issue tonight: I had to reset my entire database, and when CMS re-scanned my directories, it ended up finding my DIM content but thought they were all DAZ Connect items and proceeded to tell me that I need to install them.

I worked around this issue by renaming the Daz Connect directory, going offline, resetting the database, and rescanning. Sure enough, my old stuff came back. However, I now run into another problem: DAZ no longer recognizes the previous DAZ Connect directory items no matter how many times I rescan. What's going on here?

Comments

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,506
    edited May 2016

Oh wait, was this the thing that was mentioned in the OT thread, in that old folders could not be backed up? edit: Or at least be re-imported?

Post edited by mtl1 on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

If you re-import metadata that will let the CMS know about your DIM-installed items.  For Connect-installed items, select them all and choose Install -- DS will check that the files are up-to-date and then mark them as installed.

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,506

If you re-import metadata that will let the CMS know about your DIM-installed items.  For Connect-installed items, select them all and choose Install -- DS will check that the files are up-to-date and then mark them as installed.

Ah okay, thank you! Now I just have to cross-reference which ones I installed... it's not highlighted at all, unfortunately!