Install Problem Help

Last time I moved Studio 4.8 from one computer to another, I proceeded as follows.

I copied the installed products folder and downloaded products folder from my old computer to the locations on the new computer where I wanted them. I installed DIM. I told DIM where both of the above folders were and it promptly populated the 'Ready to install' and 'Installed' pages. I installed 4.8 using DIM and gave Studio the directory paths for both daz and poser formats. Everything worked fine so I went with that.

This time I did exactly the same thing (as far as I can tell).  When I told DIM where the download and install folders were, it populated the 'ready to install' page with every product in the download folder. Nothing registered in the 'installed' page. I went ahead and used DIM to install Studio, opened Studio and gave it the directory paths. Studio subsequently opens everything in my library that I had on the other computer, including saved scenes (phew!).

So, I loaded a scene to see how the new computer compared to the old in 3Delight and it rendered black except for two zippers on a jacket and some faint specular highlights here and there. The scene uses AOA lights and when I checked the parameters all the Light properties except color and intensity were missing. There were no menus available at all for Shadow and Lighting Control. I loaded a default light and everything rendered fine. I loaded a new AOA light and it was missing the same properties as the ones that loaded with the scene, and rendered black. I figured I would uninstall AOA's lights and reinstall. I went back to DIM and, oh yeah, nothing on the 'installed' page. Before I go back and do it all over again...

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated. Apologies in advance if I've just done somethng stupid....but it worked fine last time dammit!!!

Comments

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,126

Two things -

1) DIM keeps track of installed content in C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\ManifestFiles - you need to copy that.

2) It sounds like you're using Iray as the render engine with 3Delight lighting; check your render settings Editor tab and see which render engine is selected.

• 3delinquent3delinquent Posts: 355

Ok, the manifest file thing sorted out the pages in DIM, thanks. I checked render settings and 3Delight is selected as the engine.

Reinstalling AOA's lights sorted out the rest. Thanks for your help. Is your spell checker a Kiwi?

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,126

Reinstalling AOA's lights sorted out the rest. Thanks for your help. Is your spell checker a Kiwi?

?? Not sure about the Kiwi reference. My thanks to Microsoft for adding 'chukar' to Word (2000 I think it was). Never been a fan - spill chuck pretty well guarantees that the wrong word for the purpose has been spelled correctly. :-)

Spill chukar, it's an accent thing. I didn't know about the word thing. Thanks again for your help. :)