My feature film using carrara

Hey guys, this is my first post on the daz3d forum. I'm currently making my first feature length film that has a budget of £0 and which is filled with loads of special effects. The film is set within 1940's New York but it is filmed in modern day England. It is a comedy/noir/monster movie about two terrible detectives trying to solve an impossible case. I have done all of the vfx shots myself using only Carrara 8 and FxHome. I have put together a short promo/teaser for the film and would be super happy if people could check it out. Here it is :) 

Comments

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent !!!

I would like to see the complete film.

And Bravo for this promo reel !

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Wonderful! Makes me want to see more! yes

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

Looking good.  Just make sure you stay within the budget.  wink

• Steve K said:

Looking good.  Just make sure you stay within the budget.  wink

I'll try... Might even end up going under budget ;)
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Fantastic! Love it!

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

Looks so awesome! I love Carrara mixed with real life action. Can't wait to see more!

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Great fun and really well done!

• Well done! Really happy to see this.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

got cheezels and coke at the ready...

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

That is Awesome work.

Looking forward to the whole movie.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    That looks great!
  • wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Great job. Hope I don't miss out on the full film.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

yes , wonderful!!

• Hey guys, so my feature film is nearly finished and I would love it if people checked out my new trailer for it and gave me some feedback. I used carrara a load for this film and while it is a live-action film, mostly all of it is cgi including many of the sets. So here is the trailer :)

• Hey guys, so my feature film is nearly finished and I would love it if people checked out my new trailer for it and gave me some feedback. I used carrara a load for this film and while it is a live-action film, mostly all of it is cgi including many of the sets. So here is the trailer :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Threads merged.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

So busy laughing I can barely type!!! Bra-freaking-Vo!!! BraVo!!

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

Very nice.

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

It's looking really awesome! Thanks for sharing. Hope we get to see the full feature soon!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

beaudy yes

tom terrific :)

edited September 2016

let me rephrase that - it looks wonderful - congrats! and I see you have three posts in evidence in this thread but your posts by your name only say '1'. how cool is that ;) ?

Post edited by Headwax on
  • So busy laughing I can barely type!!! Bra-freaking-Vo!!! BraVo!!

Thank you! I'm glad you like it! :D

• It's looking really awesome! Thanks for sharing. Hope we get to see the full feature soon!

Thanks for watching! And I'm not really sure what to do with the full film yet...it's not finished yet though cheeky

• head wax said:

let me rephrase that - it looks wonderful - congrats! and I see you have three posts in evidence in this thread but your posts by your name only say '1'. how cool is that ;) ?

teehee I'm not sure why it says that laugh But thanks for watching I'm happy you like it! 

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited October 2016

Hey guys, so my feature film is nearly finished and I would love it if people checked out my new trailer for it and gave me some feedback. I used carrara a load for this film and while it is a live-action film, mostly all of it is cgi including many of the sets. So here is the trailer :)

Very Good Indeed! Loved it.

Wait... you wanted feedback... you asked for it. ;)

• Something is off with the building at 0:27 ... can't put my finger on what it is though. Suspect it may be not enough contrast in colors/grey shades... when it flashed by it just looked too much like a model and not a real building... perhaps it's the bricks... looked like a poor background/prop in some b/w films. It is probably due to the fact that the texture for the building is not that great. I dunno and am no expert.
    • Car's headlighting is off IMO around 1:30 ... too bright?? I think they toned down so that the street is seen brightened up and not entirely washed out.  My attention when watching was drawn and kept on the car, particularly the headlamps which just didn't look quite right.  I'd not even noticed until paused that everything else wasn't real until I paused it... which is good.

That said you have done an excelllent job.

Post edited by wgdjohn on