ISO: WWII gear, DS2/3 compatible

OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
edited May 2012 in The Commons

I recently got an awesome idea for an animation or a sequential-art thingie, but it takes place during WWII.

What I have and can use:

-ah3d's WWII GI uniform and gear for M4
-an appropriate M4 dialspun morph for the main character
-Chris Schell's free US light tank (don't remember if it's a Wolverine TD, which is what I need, but I guess it's close enough).
-Fober's The Hills
-Mairy's Winter Tree
-Valandar's military radio/field telephone
-Chris Schell's free debris/explosions
-A relative who's good at voices and might be willing to read the script for me
-a lead on free sound effects
-a basic understanding of timeline and puppeteer animation in DS

What I think I need:

-A Jagdpanzer lookalike. I would mostly need it for distant shots, so a low-poly version or something that only vaguely had the silhouette would work.
-Some way to represent groups of three or four Axis soldiers without taxing my computer too badly. A free or low-cost German uniform for Michael 2 or Michael 3 would be ideal, but a WWII-themed Lorenzo Lorez would work too I think.
-advice on a fast-rendering "Hollywood Darkness" light setup
-Advice on software to stitch the frames back together into a movie.
-advice on sound mixing software/software to add sound to animation
-free/cheap puppeteer presets for walking, running, climbing for Michael 2/3/4
-Enough free time to write the script, story board it, get the dialogue recorded, figure out mimic, set everything up and render it out, and assemble it.

Any advice would be welcome. I've played a little bit with timeline animation for the lulz and for dynamic draping, and had to learn the basics of puppeteer based animation to set up an animated drape in DS4. The runtime stuff I asked for leads on would be handy in still images too, so I would probably find a use for them regardless of whether this project got off the ground.

Post edited by Odaa on

Comments