[Just Released] Epic Props: Dynamic Lens Flare & Starburst for iRay

PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039
edited August 2016 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hey guys,
I just wanted to give you a heads up of a new product coming down the pipeline soon. Here is a demonstation video of it in action;

https://vimeo.com/thephilosopher/demo-lf

Please let me know what you think, whether the promos a clear enough. Any suggestions or tips you may have would be appreciated, as always.

I will also post a tutorial video in this thread once its ready.

I hope you enjoy this product.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

• Wow, pure eye-candy for iRay!

Now you can play with light in a new way! Make it dance; make it sparkle; add new life to your old scenes. With this dynamic lens flare and starburst set, you not only get a real 3D light set with real props (not just Photoshop brushes), but you also get full motion dynamics, meaning interact with your scene and dynamically move with the camera to simulate real lens flares.*  Incredible! Plus it comes with tons of extra features and options (over 82 textures to choose from), including camera glare (light leaks), light flashes, camera streaks, chroma-hoops, light fog, and more.

And the setup is quite simple: There is one camera, and one light, and a lot of stuff in between that makes everything look pretty. As you move the camera or light source, the flares move accordingly, just like in real life. 

00-Daz3d-MAIN-Dynamic-Lens-Flare-Starburst.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 806K
01-Daz3d-Lens-Flare-Starburst-FernLake.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 2M
02-Daz3d-Lens-Flare-Starburst-couple.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 903K
03-Daz3d-Lens-Flare-Starburst-Parts.jpg
1500 x 1050 - 506K
05-Daz3d-Lens-Flare-Starburst-Alien-Reaper.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 883K
06-Daz3d-Lens-Flare-Starburst-AFmarine.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 829K
07-Daz3d-Lens-Flare-Starburst-Planetary.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 762K
10-Daz3d-Lens-Flare-Starburst-Car.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 518K
12-Daz3d-Lens-Flare-starburst-Options.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 637K
13-Daz3d-Lens-Flare-starburst-Artificacts.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 797K
14-Daz3d-Lens-Flare-starburst-Options.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 522K
15-Daz3d-Lens-Flare-starburst-Options.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 487K
16-Daz3d-Lens-Flare-starburst-Clay-Render.jpg
1000 x 989 - 373K
Post edited by PA_ThePhilosopher on

Comments

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Oh, more pictures!  These look great!  I think 07-Planetary is my favorite.  There's just something about those types of images that really gets my imagination soaring.  And that lens flare right at cusp of the all that blue looks stellar!  Looking forward to seeing it in the store.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

That was pretty awesome. I am going to get some popcorn and watch that again.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075

This will be in my basket.

• MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606

Of course I get excited when I see the word dynamic or interactive, but wow your presentation! 

You make interesting products, and package them with love too. Very cool!

It's not just about the craft is it. I already thought your godray still renders are among the most artistically inspiring works I've seen among PAs or users. This video takes it a new level.

Watching this space for sure!

I missed that video link last night.  I must have been asleep while reading the forums.  That was an amazing little bit of video!  Very cool!

• PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039
    edited August 2016

Hey guys, thank you for the kind words of support. I just wanted to give you a heads up that the tutorial video is also ready. If you plan on purchasing this product, I highly recommend watching this video, to help give you a clearer sense on how it is designed and how to set it up. Hopefully I explained everything clearly enough. I think once one understands how it works, then it is quite easy to set up.

https://vimeo.com/thephilosopher/tut-lf

Thanks again for your continued support,

-P

I just finished watching the tutorial and it looks great and just as easy to use as your Godrays.  I love that you put the instructions in the folders like that and you clearly show what to do first, second, third, etc.  I can't wait to get my hands on it to see what I can do with it.  Looks like a great product.  And, it can be used it in animations, too, which will be very useful!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,914

As I said over with Simtenero's new thing, I really appreciate PAs like you two who push the envelope of what you can DO with Daz.

I enjoy cool models and clothes plenty, but this kind of lateral product just makes everything more.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Another "must have" tool! I can hardly wait until this is released.
    smiley

• pdspds Posts: 593

Love the cinematic promo video! It really demonstrates how cool your product is and after watching the instructional video and seeing how easy this is to work with, I'm definitely sold. Congrats on a stellar (wink) new product! Ballpark release date??

edited August 2016

Thanks guys for your kind words. Hopefully the product meets your expectations. PDS, the product is going through testing now, so it may be a couple weeks before it is ready to be released. I will be sure to keep you posted in this thread as it progresses. 

-P

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thank you for giving clear and consice directions!  This looks amazing!

• Here's another shot with another product I am currently working on...

test38b.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 614K
  • And one more...

test40b.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 210K
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,883

These look really cool.  Cannot wait :)

• JeremyDJeremyD Posts: 265

These are exciting times for Daz. So many awesome products like this one.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Planetscapes for Iray? Very desirable... Earth only or enough diversity to create our own worlds/atmospheres?

• EsemwyEsemwy Posts: 578

You have a flare for dramatic, self-promotion. wink

P.S. Looks great!

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Epic.

edited August 2016

Earth only or enough diversity to create our own worlds/atmospheres?

Xen,

The images I posted above is to a product of the earth only... but... an ultra HD earth with textures that push DAZ to its limits. My goal with that product is not so much quantity as quality--to create as realitic an earth as iRay is capable of. This will allow the user to zoom in very close to the surface of the earth for very clear and crisp images (see attached image of the Nile River and Red Sea).

But if there is enough interest in more expansive space products, I can release more in the future.

-P

test46.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 580K
  • Those promos look awesome, as usual...  Another definite sell.  I've had way too much fun with the other products in your store not to grab up this one as soon as it comes out!

• Just a quick update, release date is scheduled for this coming Sunday.

• Off to the store to load up my debit card...

edited August 2016

The lens flares were just released today. yes

Let me know if you guys have any questions about it. And, thanks again for your loyal support of my work. smiley

-The Philosopher

Picked it up today and really looking forward to experimenting with it!

Just bought this with the last of my saved mad money.  I'm sorry I may not be able to get the earth thing as that looks very cool!  Especially, if that's for Iray.  I haven't managed to get the one earth product I have looking good in Iray yet.  I am looking forward to playing around with the Lens Flares, though.  Having a heads up with threads like this really helps a girl decide what is important to save for and what not to get.  This was definitely one of those things I'm sure I can't live without!  Pictures soon, I hope.

Just bought this with the last of my saved mad money.  I'm sorry I may not be able to get the earth thing as that looks very cool!  Especially, if that's for Iray.  I haven't managed to get the one earth product I have looking good in Iray yet.  I am looking forward to playing around with the Lens Flares, though.  Having a heads up with threads like this really helps a girl decide what is important to save for and what not to get.  This was definitely one of those things I'm sure I can't live without!  Pictures soon, I hope.

I agree, the forthcoming Earth product looks pretty amazing. I haven't done any renders in space yet as I have tried (with only moderate success) to restrict my attention to specific areas, primarily to let me focus on something as well as to help control/direct my discretionary spending...but it's cool products like the Earth one that have me steadily expanding my runtime beyond what I had originally planned. If I get the Earth product, I know I'll end up buying spaceships and other stuff, lol.

edited August 2016

Just wanted to add: It goes without saying, but as always, if money is an issue at the moment, just send me a PM and we can work something out. 

-P

• Ohh awesome looking product and definitely going to the top of my wishlist for now yes

Great tutorial and love the extra materials options you've added.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Had to grab this, now just need to find time to play with it :)