Seals, sea lions

I haven't seen anything decent in any of the major sites.

The one result that looked sort of ok... wasn't a sea lion, it was a manatee, labeled sea lion. ... k.

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

DAZ has a seal that I want. I'm surprised that did a seal before a sea lion. I've seen seals in Iceland and some were like DAZ seal and some were different...but it'd be really nice to  have updated Genesis 3 morphable sea lion, seal, manatee...

Wonder if the Genesis Dog that is being worked on can morph into seals and manatees and sea lions...

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Well, there's always the getting-a-bit-long-in-the-tooth DAZ Seal. It still poses nicely (with the included poses), but the materials are really a bit primitive by modern standards. I just converted it to a proper D|S Figure Asset, and this is the best I could do as an Iray material setup. Not as nice as I'd like; I'm still not all that great at tweaking Iray parameters from Poser conversions, but it's not that bad.

seal-01.jpg
    1700 x 1190 - 73K
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890

I had looked and passed on that, but maybe with LAMH?

I was rather unimpressed with how folded the flippers looked in the promos, but might be my best option.

The biggest kicker is that the thing is $25 and I've rarely seen it on any good discount.