Wet Skin & Shtuff issues...

Hey guys!

First of all, please take everything I'll say in a light manner. I am not pissed, a bit irritated yes, so I'm going to vent a little & you just smile & if you have the answers - please give them to me. Thank you. =)

Now… I just recently bought All Wet bundle thing for Genesis 2 & 3...

Problem #1: The damn thing began applying itself automatically. All I did after downloading/intsaling was opened Daz & loaded new character & it was already all wet...

Problem #2: So I went into the Library, found the thing, it has all these wonderful features like tan+wet, tan+no wet, wet+no tan, and all possible variations of this crap, but no TURN THE DAMN WET & TAN OFF feature…

When you click on any preset it tell you about things you can do with this shtuf & mentions the tools to modify all that tanned wetness but…

Problem #3: Where the ffffrog do you find these fffroging tools? Because the creators don’t tell you, they assume something.

So, to summarize:

1. How do I TURN OFF the wetness & keep it OFF, until I decide to use it?
  2. Where do I find the Tools to modify it?
  3. I need a glossary for DAZ 3D terminology… Some of the words used here, turn even English spoken people to Google-define, and to me English is a 3rd language in which, regretfully, I don’t excel. So, any links? =)

Thank you very much guys.

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,990
    edited September 2016

Glossary of terms can be found here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/46/glossary-of-terms-for-those-new-to-digital-art-and-daz-3d#latest

First of, I don't have that product (ar eyou sure it's "All Wet" or "So Wet" Bundle?). Are you sure that the character has the product applied to already when it loads, or is this a pre-render look?

Second, how did you install? DIM? Manual? Connect?

Third, ARe you rendering in Iray engine (default) or 3Delight? Also, which character in particular are you trying to render?

Handling: Have you tried the manual that comes with the product? If it is the "So wet Bundle", the online version of the product (offline version should be in the Runtime--> REadme folder on your PC

Controls for Wet & Tanned can be found:

Wet and Tanned Skins for Genesis 3 (Core)

For the Tan Lines, please also check out the REadme: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/33933/start

EDIT: In case you are refering to the "Wet Body Iray" bundles (  http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-female-s-wet-body-iray), please check out the Readme that can be found with the product: http://docs.daz3d.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/public/read_me/index/23272/23272_wetbodyiraygenesis3female.pdf

Like the readmes above, it comes with a step-by-step description of how to use the product.

Genesis 3 Female(s) Wet Body Iray (Core)

• You can find new icons for loading this product in the following DAZ Studio Folders:

• “People:Genesis 3 Female:Materials:Wet Body Iray”

• “People:Genesis 3 Female:Materials:Wet Body Iray:Decals”

• “People:Genesis 3 Female:Materials:Wet Body Iray:Shells”

• You can find new icons for this product in the following DAZ Studio Categories:

• “Materials:Iray:Feminine:Genesis 3 Female(s) Wet Body Iray:Arms & Hands”

• “Materials:Iray:Feminine:Genesis 3 Female(s) Wet Body Iray:Head & Neck”

• “Materials:Iray:Feminine:Genesis 3 Female(s) Wet Body Iray:Legs & Feet”

• “Materials:Iray:Feminine:Genesis 3 Female(s) Wet Body Iray:Torso”

• “Materials:Iray:Feminine:Genesis 3 Female(s) Wet Body Iray:_Decals”

• “Materials:Iray:Feminine:Genesis 3 Female(s) Wet Body Iray:_Full Body”

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • 1. That shouldn't be able to happen if you are loading one of the standard character presets - whata re your exact steps? Once applied, the system doesn't have a memory to reapply the old settings after you have switched to the basic wet and tan settings, other than the basic Undo or reapplying the original materials

2. The various presets are the tools - the base applications initially apply the wet and tan settings, then the other presets modify soem parts of them as needed.

• Zom said:

Hey guys!

First of all, please take everything I'll say in a light manner. I am not pissed, a bit irritated yes, so I'm going to vent a little & you just smile & if you have the answers - please give them to me. Thank you. =)

Now… I just recently bought All Wet bundle thing for Genesis 2 & 3...

Problem #1: The damn thing began applying itself automatically. All I did after downloading/intsaling was opened Daz & loaded new character & it was already all wet...

Problem #2: So I went into the Library, found the thing, it has all these wonderful features like tan+wet, tan+no wet, wet+no tan, and all possible variations of this crap, but no TURN THE DAMN WET & TAN OFF feature…

When you click on any preset it tell you about things you can do with this shtuf & mentions the tools to modify all that tanned wetness but…

Problem #3: Where the ffffrog do you find these fffroging tools? Because the creators don’t tell you, they assume something.

So, to summarize:

1. How do I TURN OFF the wetness & keep it OFF, until I decide to use it?
    2. Where do I find the Tools to modify it?
    3. I need a glossary for DAZ 3D terminology… Some of the words used here, turn even English spoken people to Google-define, and to me English is a 3rd language in which, regretfully, I don’t excel. So, any links? =)

Thank you very much guys.

Hello Zom!

1. It "can" never be ON. It can not auto-apply.The way it has been scripted it cannot auto-apply at all, the way Richard said "the system does not have a memory to reapply old settings .." If your character is already all wet when you load it, it is most likely totally independant from the Wet and Tanned skins. The ONLY way the script apply is to select a figure and double click one of the main applier files. The way you can check this is to select for instance the torso surface of the figure which is wet. You will see that then name written top of the surfaces editor tab is not "V3D_IRayTannedWetSkins_G3".

2. Tools to modify skin tone are located in the "01. Tone Options" folder or, in the smart content, are all the files whose name begins with "G3WT 01 Tan..." / Tools to modify wet look via gloss are all located in the "02. Wet Options" folder, or via smart content, are all the files whose name begin with "G3WT 02 Wet..." / Additional tools to adjust bump to camera distance and wet look type are all located in the "03 Bump Adjustment Options" folder, or, via smart content, are all the files whose name begin with "G3WT Bump...".  All these files are "customisers" which can be applied on the figure only once one of the main "G3WT 00 Apply.." file has been applied.

3. BeeMKay nicely provided a link to a glossary :)

I hope this helps. For more questions you can use this thread : www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/111461/wet-and-tanned-skins-for-genesis-3-tan-lines-for-g3f-and-v7-uv-sets-commercial or you can PM me.

• ZomZom Posts: 32
    edited September 2016

Alright,

First of all thank you all for your replies, special thank you to BeeMKay for the glossary, hopefully it’ll make my life a bit easier, and for the tutorials, I appreciate it very much.

Secondly, I am not lying, I am not kidding & I am not crazy… not THAT crazy anyway. In the attachment you can see a new model with only base mat applied to her, all those white lines are the dripping effect, or whatever, the one that advertised as blood drips. Before applying Base Mat, this particular model was just sweaty.

The very FIRST time I loaded a new model, she had the entire freaking bundle on her, with water drops in the air & water all over her. It’s lighter right now, probably because I’ve been messing with it, but please don’t tell me “IT CANNOT HAPPEN” when this crap is actually happening as we speak (I’m testing it right now again). However, this detail could be important – I’ve loaded the older models & they don’t have this problem, only Adora, so far, who was downloaded & installed with that wet bundle at the same time.

Now to answer some questions.

1. The bundle is called “So Wet!”, it was downloaded & installed through Install Manager.
    2. We’re not talking rendering yet, just the iray preview with newly loaded figure. Right now, it has sweat as default, which changes to drips after applying Base Mat.

Again, thank you all.

P.S.

Just to clarify some confussions here. I didn't even touched the wet bundle when this happened the 1st time. I begen messing with it after my bald & naked model decided to appear all wet. Here are the steps:

1. Spend Money

2. Open DAZ

3. Load Model - she's all wet...

Now she's only partly wet but I still prefer "weting" her would be my choice =)

Have a great day everybody.

adora_wet.jpg
    1215 x 642 - 204K
    Post edited by Zom on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,990

Did you perhaps accidently load the 3Delight skin version of the character?

In any case, what you can do is, go to DIM and uninstall both the So Wet Bundle, and the Adora character. Make sure that DAZ Studio is shut off at the time.

Then, reinstall first the Adora character. Again, make certain that your DS is shut off while you install.

Then, load Adora. Does the error still appear? If it doesn't then install the "So Wet" bundle again, also, mke sure that DS is always shut off while you install new content through DIM (or manually).