LoRez Predatron content -14 MU worker Bundle?

lenwilderlenwilder Posts: 188
edited September 2016 in The Commons

Bought this pack awhile back... which is pretty excellent, except for this issue. Don't understand why there is a head in the worker helmet, especially when you have a shaded over helmet lens (black or gold) Really all we need is a rigged suit, when we have a shaded helmet lens we really don't need to see a face.

I have issues with this content because the way it is rigged the head and the helmet don't seem to be "synchronized to work together". The head moves outside the helmet.  The head doesn't move with the helmet. The head has more movement range than the helmet.

It probably wouldn't matter if the characters were used without a helmet, which defeats the purpose of a space suit with enclosed air supply. I have not tried a geometry edit of the head..maybe that will work. It would be best, if you could have the face in the helmet...however the movement of the head outside the helmet is even more conspicuous. 

I am exporting out of Daz3d using FBX for use of the content in IClone 6 for a video project. 

Regardless, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Post edited by lenwilder on

Comments

• If I understand you correctly, you just need the suit and not the faces in the helmets?

Perhaps I am missing something (I usually am :-( ), but can't you simply hide the heads when you export to Iclone? The heads will not be part of the exported mesh.  Alternately you could select the head textures in Iclone and make them invisible.

If you do need the heads, then once in Iclone you might uses a series of dummies to lock the head and helmet togeather.  It appears to me that the helmet is a rigid part of the suit.  My Dummy rigging is rusty, but a dummy linked to the helmet, and then to the heads, should keep the heads in place.  Or you could just deleat any key frames that are part of the head?

I hope this wasn't a waste of time.

Good luck!

• Bexley

I don't care if the head is in the helmet, it is just the head moves much further than the helmet.

I tried the geometry editor and removed the head, but the helmet and the head are configured together in some fashion.

So I had a headless space suit... LOL

I could use some additional lopoly characters in a current project.

Exporting lo-rez characaters from predatron is probably not the way to go.

I appreciate your thoughts on this...