Question about the Wave Breakers for Genesis 3 Female and Male

I decided to not get this because I'm trying to be frugal for a few upcoming items.  However, I see that the Wave Breakers for Genesis 3 Female is at a rock bottom price.  I really wish the Genesis 3 Male version was the one on sale.  But, since it isn't, can anyone who has both tell me if there is a difference in the size of the boards between the two products.  Also, can someone who has it, fit that wetsuit on Genesis 3 Male and show me how it looks?  I'm not worried about any parenting issues with posing for the board.  I know how to deal with those issues if there are any.  And, I won't be getting the pose sets, but doing my own anyway.  Since that price is probably today only, I'd appreciate it if anyone can answer today.

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

I don't have Wave Breakers but I'm sure that the board (and just about anything in Daz) can be resized SUPER easily - just click on the object and in the perameters tab slide the X Scale, Y Scale , or Z scale to the size you want. I've also never had issues with getting G3F stuff to fit onto G3M via autofit. :) 

And if anything isn't to your liking you can always return it.

• I don't have Wave Breakers but I'm sure that the board (and just about anything in Daz) can be resized SUPER easily - just click on the object and in the perameters tab slide the X Scale, Y Scale , or Z scale to the size you want. I've also never had issues with getting G3F stuff to fit onto G3M via autofit. :) 

Yes, I'm pretty sure it can be resized, but since I know absolutely nothing about surfing, I didn't know if the vendor used different size boards in each product.  I don't know if boards are the same no matter the gender and that's reflected in the product or if there are girl sized boards and guy sized boards.  If the board is the same in both then, more than likely, the UV is the same, too.  Which means any textures I see for the girls' board should be able to be used on the guys' board, as well, or vice versa, should anyone decide to make any free board textures.  If the boards are exactly alike, it makes it easier to figure out what my options are.  Also, know the differences, and whether I need to scale up if I'm using it for the guys instead of the girls, makes it easier to decide if I want the male version down the road.  If the suit can be used on G3M, and there is no difference in the board, I probably won't bother getting the guys version later down the road if the girls version works.  And, yeah, if I don't get an answer from someone who owns it, I'll go ahead and get it and just try it out because of the return policy.  It would just be nice to see it the suit on G3M before I buy it first.  :)  

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

I don't have Wave Breakers but I'm sure that the board (and just about anything in Daz) can be resized SUPER easily - just click on the object and in the perameters tab slide the X Scale, Y Scale , or Z scale to the size you want. I've also never had issues with getting G3F stuff to fit onto G3M via autofit. :) 

Yes, I'm pretty sure it can be resized, but since I know absolutely nothing about surfing, I didn't know if the vendor used different size boards in each product.  I don't know if boards are the same no matter the gender and that's reflected in the product or if there are girl sized boards and guy sized boards.  If the board is the same in both then, more than likely, the UV is the same, too.  Which means any textures I see for the girls' board should be able to be used on the guys' board, as well, or vice versa, should anyone decide to make any free board textures.  If the boards are exactly alike, it makes it easier to figure out what my options are.  Also, know the differences, and whether I need to scale up if I'm using it for the guys instead of the girls, makes it easier to decide if I want the male version down the road.  If the suit can be used on G3M, and there is no difference in the board, I probably won't bother getting the guys version later down the road if the girls version works.  And, yeah, if I don't get an answer from someone who owns it, I'll go ahead and get it and just try it out because of the return policy.  It would just be nice to see it the suit on G3M before I buy it first.  :)  

According to SurferMag.com it says that men and women can ride the same sized boards and it often comes down to the person's skill and strength. Apparently more narrow boards are for more skilled surfers while the wider boards are for beginner to mid-level surfers. But it also goes on to say "Women can ride pretty small, light boards. They’re usually not as strong as men, so they need a little board that they can whip around and turn." I think it all depends on a person's height, weight, skill level, and personal preference. Pretty much anyone can use whatever size board they are most comfortable with. :)

• Thanks!  Good to know!

• Surfboard design is one of those things where if you make generalisations someone who knows what they're talking about is probably going to get pedantic. Look up terms like rocker, contour and foil and how tip and tail design, fin design and configuration as well as the overall width, length and weight of a board affect its performance and how it can be manoeuvred and you'll see what I mean. But, generally a smaller surfboard can be manoeuvred more easily than a large one. Malibus are not known for executing tight turns and jumping off the lips of waves. Females  being generally shorter and lighter than men can usually use a smaller, lighter board but then strength and overall ability comes into play as well as a whole lot of other issues. I don't have the product unfortunately, but the promos show different shapes from male to female product as well as different size. The G3F board isn't as tall as the model while the G3M board is over the models head. The G3F boards' shape with its pointed tip is more remeniscent of the shape both male and female pro surfers use and more commonly used by surfers on the beaches where I come from. Of course there is a pro malibu circuit. Should I have just said female smaller, male larger? I like the look of that product and I wish I could show you a render. Sorry to have to dissapoint. I'm hoping you'll take the plunge and can show me one! :)