SOLVED - Extremely slow manual download

caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,352
edited September 2016 in The Commons

I notice for some time now that manual downloads from my Product Library are extremely slow. Eg, downloading a 123 MB file took 23 minutes, maybe longer. I don't have such problems with other shops, so the fault must be on Daz's side. Today I sent a help request, but I want to ask if others have the same problems with manual download.

Post edited by caravelle on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

I'm not seeing this, just tried a 105MB file and it took about a minute.  Any idea when this started happening?  Is it happening right now?

• PennamePenname Posts: 343

I only do manual downloads, and mine are crazy fast.   Weird though if you don't have issues with other shops.  Was it a peak time when everyone might have been downloading a new figure?

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,352

Thanks for your response!

No, Fixmypcmike, it started some two weeks ago, and yes, it is still happening. 

Penname, it happened not only at peak times crying

I tried Opera instead of Firefox with today's purchases, but the results were not too good:

48 MB took 5 minutes
    ~27 MB took over 2 minutes, etc.

This is not the speed I am used to from other stores, and of course not the normal speed of the Daz store. I know it is fast, and my internet connection is good.
    Some malware on my computer? But then all downloads should be affected. Anyway, I'll check this again... frown

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I know you say it is only happening here, but if I ever get a slow down like this I will clear things,  like cache  and cookies and other junk that mounts up  and then close and reboot my browser.  If that still doesn't help I will actually reboot my router in case it is something amiss there.

Thank you, Chohole. I'll reboot the router; this could be the bad guy indeed. I cleared the cache recently, and I accept cookies only if they are necessary for the session, no third party cookies, etc.

Miracles still happen... My today download was ok like always! surprise laugh