Everyday Uniforms for money making pictures

It seems to me that their is again too much of a focus on fantasy but some of us use Studio for commercial work and I'm still looking for a really high qaulity uniform for my industrial sites and my cafe employees... Don't get me wrong.. I like for example that today I13 put out a wonderful generic server uniform... but it lacks details like a name tag and the ability to brand the clothing for a restruant.  Being able to add that little extra detail is whats going to help us create pictures that our customers will appreciate because we were able to brand our uniforms for advertisements.

Along with the uniforms, I need a trade worker with a realistic toolbelt and hard hats...  Uniform branding would be awesome with that too... maybe make the outfit so he would be a cable man or the plumber and have different belts..

Personally, I only work in Genesis 3 now.. I'm still hopeful to see way more stuff for male characters .. especailly the high quality realism shaders ... you guys always do so much for female characters first.. I'm still waiting for the Michael 7 to have as much variety.  Anyways... The more realistic it is, the more likely I am to invest in good high quality outfits.

Thanks for all you guys do... patiently waiting... :)

Comments

• In Iray branding the clothing (I assume you mean adding the company name to the fabric) could be done with an Iray Decal Node, or for both Iray and 3delight via the Layered Image Editor). There are name-tags in several products, including http://www.daz3d.com/everyday-labels-and-signs

• SnowPheonixSnowPheonix Posts: 896
    edited September 2016

In Iray branding the clothing (I assume you mean adding the company name to the fabric) could be done with an Iray Decal Node, or for both Iray and 3delight via the Layered Image Editor). There are name-tags in several products, including http://www.daz3d.com/everyday-labels-and-signs

Hi Richard... Wonderful to hear from you again sir.. You are truly an old-school master and had I wanted a work around that would take hours to do and still look like a cartoon, I would jump on that.  Where should I start...

That product is not made for Iray and even the promotional pictures are cartoons and I was very clear that I want realism.

I don't want to have to spend hours trying to place new ojects on my characters that should be common.. I don't know to many people that work without nametags these days.. It is the details that many of the providers forget and we tend to go back and forth on... In fact.. I almost never see uniforms in real life without some type of branding and a nametag.. so why isn't that commen in DAZ clothing?  Because some old schoolers still use the mindset of the type of people that have been around since Michael 3 was a hot product.. maybe even from the beginning and your not looking at things with fresh eyes and seeing that now we have that reality I've been arguing with you guys for years about.. the technology has caught up, like I said it would.. LOL  .. We can make things as real as the assets we have to put in the picture and that requires an eye for in-depth details. 

The goal is to get you guys to change how you are looking at your products.  We are no longer in the age where I'm desperate for a work around.. If one person won't provide the product I'm looking for, the compitition is reading this too...

I still think DAZ is the product leader but to stay on top, you'll have to look into the details because our work is scrutanized on a much greater degree.  I know the arguement is that it cost more, takes longer and is harder to produce but to me the end products if its great, is worth it.  Keep up the great work and thanks for your patience as always..

Deep respect

branded-workwear.jpg
    240 x 264 - 13K
    Post edited by SnowPheonix on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

In Iray branding the clothing (I assume you mean adding the company name to the fabric) could be done with an Iray Decal Node, or for both Iray and 3delight via the Layered Image Editor). There are name-tags in several products, including http://www.daz3d.com/everyday-labels-and-signs

IRAY decal node?

• JimbowJimbow Posts: 557
    nicstt said:
    IRAY decal node?

It's under the Create menu.

• SnowPheonix said:

Hi Richard... Wonderful to hear from you again sir.. You are truly an old-school master and had I wanted a work around that would take hours to do and still look like a cartoon, I would jump on that.  Where should I start...

That product is not made for Iray and even the promotional pictures are cartoons and I was very clear that I want realism.

I don't want to have to spend hours trying to place new ojects on my characters that should be common.. I don't know to many people that work without nametags these days.. It is the details that many of the providers forget and we tend to go back and forth on... In fact.. I almost never see uniforms in real life without some type of branding and a nametag.. so why isn't that commen in DAZ clothing?  Because some old schoolers still use the mindset of the type of people that have been around since Michael 3 was a hot product.. maybe even from the beginning and your not looking at things with fresh eyes and seeing that now we have that reality I've been arguing with you guys for years about.. the technology has caught up, like I said it would.. LOL  .. We can make things as real as the assets we have to put in the picture and that requires an eye for in-depth details. 

The goal is to get you guys to change how you are looking at your products.  We are no longer in the age where I'm desperate for a work around.. If one person won't provide the product I'm looking for, the compitition is reading this too...

I still think DAZ is the product leader but to stay on top, you'll have to look into the details because our work is scrutanized on a much greater degree.  I know the arguement is that it cost more, takes longer and is harder to produce but to me the end products if its great, is worth it.  Keep up the great work and thanks for your patience as always..

Deep respect

I am also looking for simple everyday uniforms, did you ever find one or someone to make them?
    Thanks,
    Joe