Genesis 3

I just installed Daz 4.9, and I cannot find or get Genesis 3 to appear anywhere.  I have not been able to install Genesis 3 in any previous version of Daz, and I have no idea of what I'm doing wrong.  I want to use Genesis 3 but can't seem to.  Can someone point me to step-by-step instructions on how to get her to appear in this blasted program?

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,996
    edited September 2016

Have you downloaded and installed the Genesis 3 Starter Essentials?

If yes, have you downloaded and installed them by using DIM, Connect or manual?

essentials.JPG
    882 x 890 - 102K
    Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • The problem is, everything says that it's installed--but I can't find it anywhere in Daz 4.9.  Everything that the DIM says is installed comes up with "File Does Not Exist."  Yet DIM says it's installed.  This is what I'm facing. 

edited September 2016

Okay... Where does DIM install, and where is DAZ Studio looking for it?

In DIM, check the installation path:

Click on the small gear in the upper left side, and then check for the location, as in the image below.

Now, check the path in DAZ Studio. It has to be the same as the one you have in DIM, and it has to be set in both, DAZ and Poser Format.

You have to check it in the Content Directory Manager, which you can find under Edit--> Preferences (refer to the imnage below).

Are the settings in the DIM and the Content Directory Manager the same on your system?

instCM.JPG
    1435 x 915 - 188K
    insdim.JPG
    675 x 601 - 60K
  • Thank you!  That is what I was missing.  

I'm glad to hear it worked out for you, Happy renderings! smiley

• Now one other question.  I bought my first G3 character and I'm trying to use her.  I opened the zip files, put everything in the exact same directories on my computer as they were in the zip folders, and they're in the same directories where G3 is.  They character is even listed under G3 in Daz.  But whenever I double click to build the character, nothing happens.  Nothing.  What am I missing now?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

What is the full path to the character preset?

• Full path?  How do I search for that?  And do you mean on my computer or in Daz?

I just don't understand why the mat files seem to work but the morph files refuse to.  Even happened for the piece of clothing I bought for G3.  The corset has a waist morph that does nothing when I click on it.

• Stupid question, but does G3 have morphs that need to be added into her like V4?  And if so, where are they?

No, the morphs are always available, they don't need to be injected, but it sounds like the content might not be installed correctly.  The Data folder needs to be directly below the root of your content library or else it won't be found.  Right-click on the character preset and choose "Browse to File Location", and post the full path to the file.

• /users/shared/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Characters/3dSublimeSabby/Emerson

That is the full path.

When you try to load the preset, do you get an error message about a missing storable?  If so, what path does that give?

• No, no errors.  Just no change to G3.  

edited September 2016

Just trying to rule out a possible cause: G3 was selected while you double-clicked the shape?

Other possible cause: You said you anually installed the files. If you copied "one by one", the top directory would be "content". If you copied the entire shebang into your directory, did you copy including the content folder, or only the folders below it (so that the "Runtime" is merged with the existing Runtime directory? (I have some screenshots of that at home, sorry if I explain badly.) 

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Do you have the head and body morphs packages for the Genesis 3s?

• I downloaded everything that came with the Genesis 3.  Is there additional material to buy?  I was afraid of that, but it doesn't surprise me in the least.

edited September 2016

Can you do the following, select the character in the scene tab, go to the shaping tab, and check under People if the character slider is there? If the character slider is there, then can you try sliding it and see if it does anything?

(Also, which character are you using, exactly? Some need other characters to look like in the promo image, like http://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-alysa-hd-for-victoria-7-and-lf-little-mystery she needs V7). Additional morph packages are only needed if they are stated in the "Required" section in the shop here; it can differ in other shops. Still, a morph should still work (even if it won't look exactly like the one in the promo), without the base character.

As for the extra morphs, they are recommended, as they allow you a much wider range for non-puchased character creations. But they are optional, really.

EDIT: I found her over at Rendo. According to the product Readme, she needs "Miss You for Genesis 3 Female(s)". It also has a file list, that says where all the files are supposed to be. Can you please check out if all the files are existing, and in the correct place? Here's the URL to the readme:

https://bw-1651cf0d2f737d7adeab84d339dbabd3-bcs.s3.amazonaws.com/products/product_112826/Help112826.txt

Mods: I hope it's okay to post to the Rendo Readme. If not, please delete the link.

required.JPG
    589 x 301 - 38K
  • l_stowel_stowe Posts: 165

I agree with BeeMKay. I often forget to select the base figure in the scene tab before applying other things. Maybe worth checking that you have the Genesis3 model selected before you double click