Teen Josie 7 vs Growing Up

sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
edited September 2016 in The Commons
I've already got Growing Up for G3F, both the morphs & the textures and really like it. Does Teen Josie 7 add anything to the mix besides a different face morph and texture? If I didn't already have Growing Up, I'd get her just to have a young body morph but I already have that. But she is cute and on sale. Or i could hold out for Tween Julie 7.
Post edited by sandmanmax on

Comments

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,766
    edited September 2016

I have all three and they all have their niches.  Josie is a bit more stylized than what you can get with the base "growing up" morphs", her curves are a bit more exagerated than GUs and the makeup on her base texture is a better compromise between adult and tween than the dedicated GU skins.  Julie 7 goes in the opposite direction, but she's generally much closer to GU than Josie is.  Growing up is by far the most versatile, since it covers a much wider range of ages, but it's nice to have alternates so that your young characters don't all start looking like they came out of the same family.        

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • Thanks, I'll snag her now on sale.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,607

I don't do many young person renders, so really have no need for growing up, but I do have a few characters that require Teen Josie 7 and she has been on my wishlist for awhile so I finally got her on sale (with a coupon also). Gotta say after a few hours, I am glad I did. it's a nice additon to the gene pool and the textures are pretty nice.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,766

I don't do many young person renders, so really have no need for growing up, but I do have a few characters that require Teen Josie 7 and she has been on my wishlist for awhile so I finally got her on sale (with a coupon also). Gotta say after a few hours, I am glad I did. it's a nice additon to the gene pool and the textures are pretty nice.

Actually, I find myself using GU to make slight variations on a character as often as I do the age.  A few percentage points of GU's basic Youth Morph and then 20-30% on the Youth Chest Adjustment can take the "Va-va-voom" out of the sexier characters and transform them into much more naturally proportioned adult.      

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,607

Actually, I find myself using GU to make slight variations on a character as often as I do the age.  A few percentage points of GU's basic Youth Morph and then 20-30% on the Youth Chest Adjustment can take the "Va-va-voom" out of the sexier characters and transform them into much more naturally proportioned adult.      

They don't have those where I live, LOL. I see just as many implants around as I do natural.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I think I apply the Youth Posture to nearly every female I use. Lordie, it hurts my back just to look at some of those poses... and I'm talking about "everyday" poses, not "pinups!"
    laugh

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Indeed; Youth Morph is much more than just a morph for makin younger characters.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    edited September 2016

A quick one of Josie in Sim Tenero's 'Liza' texture (in the blue), and the 'Samira' texture (in the red). I'm not keen on Josie's massive lower lip and the pouty corners of the sides of her mouth, but a lot of Daz teens seem to suffer from that and it's nothing that applying a couple of morphs won't cure. The thing that bothers me most about her is her 'slim' shape (demonstrated by Josie in the blue). I'm not denying that it could come in useful, but since 'standard' Josie is slim enough already and there's more than a passing chance that the figure could be used by impressionable teens, I just wish it was called something else. The 'in need of a bacon butty' shape, maybe :)

Liza_And_Samira.png
    600 x 800 - 883K
    Post edited by BlueIrene on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,630

...all three characters are based on Josie 7 with varying degrees of GU and hand spun morphs. 

Leela - Tracey cute.jpg
    900 x 900 - 343K
    Annika bolina hair.jpg
    636 x 900 - 259K