Anna & Awan HD Oh My Goodness!

xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,744

How long we have waited for a photorealistic (non-Photoshop-looking) skin texture of this skintone for G3M & G3F. Kalea & Kimo put us in the ballpark. And when Monique & Darius are released (I suppose) in November, we will have at least some (photorealistic) representation for most of the darker skintones except licorice. Thank you, Raiya, for once-again filling out the ethnic genepool (as you did for Gen 4, G1 & G2), and those are some gorgeous face morphs on Anna & Awan too. More males, please!

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954

I have this skintone already in iRay for other Genesis 3 characters under typical iRay lighting settings. Don't have those makeup options though.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,744

I have this skintone already in iRay for other Genesis 3 characters under typical iRay lighting settings. Don't have those makeup options though.

As do I. However, being relatively new to Iray, I have found that Raiya's skin textures and most of Daz Originals BASE character textures make photorealism almost automatic for me. The less I do to them in terms of lighting, the more photorealistic they appear. The other skins I have are either exquisitely Photoshopped (FWSA, P3D, Godin) to the point that some/much of the automatic photorealism is lost OR they have kept a little too much imperfect detail for my tastes, and I have to be more conscientious with lighting and surface editing. Most of the PAs do a fine job with their characters, but this is merely my personal preference for my main characters in an image requiring CUs.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

Raiya makes great stuff. I keep going back again and again to buy her/his stuff. A personal favorite ;).

Laurie

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,744
    AllenArt said:

Raiya makes great stuff. I keep going back again and again to buy her/his stuff. A personal favorite ;).

Laurie

Yes, she is providing a great service to our community by continuing to release characters.

• SummerhorseSummerhorse Posts: 684
    edited September 2016

I agree that these two are absolutely gorgeous, and to get the hair with the bundle is a screaming deal.

I especially love the way Raiya sculpts the nose and nostrils- never that Barbiedoll look ( I actually do llike Barbie dolls- they just don't fit in my work) And Anna even has the up-turned earlobe that is quite commom in East Indians-love her!!

Post edited by Summerhorse on