Making morphs for DAZ3D in Blender Question

kyryiakyryia Posts: 46

Ladies and gents,

I have a problem

I have started to use blender more and more lately (smoke, fluidsim). I would really like to create some HD morphs for some G3 figures I have. The problem is however that you can not export the figures to an OBJ file with the current ammount of vertices. So as per many tutorials I scales down the resolution to BASE and SUBD to 0. I then export the mesh as OBJ and can work with it in Blender. Re-export it as OBJ and import it with morph loader Pro as a morph.

The big problem with this is that the imported mesh into Blender does not have enough vertices to create fine details (like HD features) I would need to SUBD the mesh in blender at least 3 times to get the resolution I want. However when i do that I cannot use that OBJ export with Morph loader Pro since it comes up with a "geometry does not match" since the number of vertices has changed.

I searched the web and could not find a solution to this problem. I do not have the funds to buy Zbrush and use the GoZ Bridge so I am stuck with Blender. Can someone help or point me in the right direction on how to make fine and detailed morphs for G3 in Blender with the current methods available

thank you!!!

Post edited by kyryia on

Comments

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,864

I'm not sure but I think that only PAs have access to some sort of plugin that can import HD morphs to DS.

So you as a reagular user can only work with the Base Resolution of the figure.

However, you can subdivide the base resolution, sculpt your HD details and then use a normal map to make those details show up in DS.

• Yeah I just read about this with the special Plugins for PA's. 

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Depending on what it is you need, you could make a Geocraft. This is an item meant to replace a specific area; it can have as much geometry as you need.