Super Sleek Hair

Did I miss something or is the only option to purchase the bundle for both male and female?  I don't need the male version.  If so its a shame because I would have bought the female version.  I'm not paying for something I am not going use though.

Comments

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

As I understand it, it's not so much a bundle as simply a product that fit both G3M and G3F. Kind of like those hairs that fits both G3F and G2F and sometimes also V4.

• Ahh I see.  That makes a bit more sense.  Its beautiful hair. It a bit too much for my budget at the moment (which is why I was kind of hoping it was a bundle with separate hair elsewhere)  Its still a great price for what you get and I am sure its more than worth the money.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

If you look under the description, it shows all the figures it fits. I think all the female 7 figures are listed, but the only male is Michael 7. Think of it as a bonus.
    wink

• If I read it correctly it seems to have 2 versions in the same package one rigged for females and the a second one for males so if you don't have any males wouldn't you essentially be getting something that you don't need/can't use with both versions in the same package or do the males and females share the same rigging 

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794
    ermullens said:

If I read it correctly it seems to have 2 versions in the same package one rigged for females and the a second one for males so if you don't have any males wouldn't you essentially be getting something that you don't need/can't use with both versions in the same package or do the males and females share the same rigging 

Well technically, you would have the base male for Genesis 3, since it comes free with DS 4.9 (I think starting with 4.8+) so even then you can still use the male version.  I bought the item and it is 1 zip, separate folder for male and female.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    edited September 2016

It's a shame its both; the price reflects it fits both, and it has me hesitating; so much so, I'll see what arrives tomorrow. I've used up my credit, so I spend cash even less often when that happens. But I want a really long hair, so it fits the bill.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,828
    edited September 2016
    nicstt said:

It's a shame its both; the price reflects it fits both, and it has me hesitating; so much so, I'll see what arrives tomorrow. I've used up my credit, so I spend cash even less often when that happens. But I want a really long hair, so it fits the bill.

If you look at outoftouch's other recent hairs, the price may not reflect that it has two separate figure fits. OOT Cathy hair, Jazmine hair and Everyday Updo hair, which are all only for G3F, have an undiscounted price of $24.95; both Rochelle Ponytail -- again, G3F only -- and Super Sleeky Hair have an undiscounted price of $26.95.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • ThatGuy said:
    ermullens said:

If I read it correctly it seems to have 2 versions in the same package one rigged for females and the a second one for males so if you don't have any males wouldn't you essentially be getting something that you don't need/can't use with both versions in the same package or do the males and females share the same rigging 

Well technically, you would have the base male for Genesis 3, since it comes free with DS 4.9 (I think starting with 4.8+) so even then you can still use the male version.  I bought the item and it is 1 zip, separate folder for male and female.

thats only if you downloaded the Genesis 3 male essentials since thats where the base model comes from and I never downloaded that since I never use males. when I open daz there is a Gen1, Gen2 Female and Gen3 female folder but no male folders at all, I like the look of since I been looking for some long hair like that but the bang  on some hairs look a little overly thick in that area when rendered at certain angles and that center part is little off putting since photo model i follow on deviant has long lower back length straight brown hair part exactly like this but cant see her scalp like in these promos if i knew how to cut down on that i more than likely grab it

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794
    ermullens said:
    ThatGuy said:
    ermullens said:

thats only if you downloaded the Genesis 3 male essentials since thats where the base model comes from and I never downloaded that since I never use males. when I open daz there is a Gen1, Gen2 Female and Gen3 female folder but no male folders at all, I like the look of since I been looking for some long hair like that but the bang  on some hairs look a little overly thick in that area when rendered at certain angles and that center part is little off putting since photo model i follow on deviant has long lower back length straight brown hair part exactly like this but cant see her scalp like in these promos if i knew how to cut down on that i more than likely grab it

I know what you mean about the scalp showing.  My solution to that is using Oliver's hair in http://www.daz3d.com/fw-oliver-hd-megapack.  It helps some.