advanced animation effects

Hi all! Daz is obviously best known by the still renders it makes - but I have often used it as an animation tool (as I know others do!). When combined with the right shaders it can make amazing sprite animations for 2D games and I have used it for simple video animations.

I have been working on a game of mine for about 5 years now and I would like to make an intro/cutscene video for it in the future. This will be much more complicated than anything I have done in Daz before. I'm intending to buy the latest animate addon to help me create more complex, layered animations. HOWEVER as everything I know is self taught and I've only used daz for it.. I'm really clueless as to how I might manage some more advanced visual effects.

So for example part of this cut scene will involve a girl tip-toeing across the surface of a lake. In my head each time her toe touches the top it sends out a little ripple in the water. Is something like that acheivable? 

I know that daz ISNT animation software. But it is what I have and what I'm used to and I'm very comfortable with the pose, set key frame, do next pose style animation :o Creating my characters in Daz is just a joy also. So if I could do this stuff all in daz.. that would be amazing! But if not where should I be looking? bearing in mind I want to keep working with my daz characters specifically.

Thanks for your time!

Comments

• With keymate, graphmate, and animate it makes animating in DS much easier. Then there are a number of mCausal scripts that also give DS a lot more animating power.