How can I make my eyecolor visible?

Hello, so the situation is simple, no matter which eyecolor I select for my Genesis3, while shown correctly while editing in the preview, once I render it just gets dark. I tried different angles, different lights and also tried my luck in the shading options but since my rendering times are huge, my sparetime limited and the buttons a lot I gave up for now and hope to find answers in here. This is Preview and render:

Id say it is because of too much reflection on the surface since the blue is shimmering through at the sides, but theres nothing in the scene the eye could reflect. Hope someone can help me, greetings

Comments

• Is this Iray or 3delight? Do the materials you are using match the render engine (older characters will have only 3Delight materials)?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Which renderer?

Can you post a screenshot of the surface settings for the EyeMoisture and the Cornea?

• Yes I tried both Iray and 3delight, the result is the same, and the character is compatible with both.

• edited September 2016
    Post edited by chris.toph.hildebrandt_95a5f16c00 on

The moisture settings seem correct...

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954

Well personally a 50% grey choice for those seams a bit dark a grey to choose for what is essentially a clear liquid or a nearly white suface. I'd try 0.75 for those and go higher if you need too.

Well personally a 50% grey choice for those seams a bit dark a grey to choose for what is essentially a clear liquid or a nearly white suface. I'd try 0.75 for those and go higher if you need too.

The base color doesn't matter when refraction is 'full on'...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I know absolutey nothing about DS and Iray or 3Delight, but if I got that sort of effect in the programs I do use I would be looking at the transparency setting (or opacity if you prefer)

• That was it!! Turned Off the "Cutout Opacity" amont of the Eye Moisture and it worked! Thanks a lot, thanks to the others too

edited September 2016
    Chohole said:

I know absolutey nothing about DS and Iray or 3Delight, but if I got that sort of effect in the programs I do use I would be looking at the transparency setting (or opacity if you prefer)

In the Iray, or any PBR, shader, the transparency of the water/glass/dielectrics is controlled by the IOR and refraction amount...in this case the water thin has the Refraction weight to 1 and an IoR of 1.34 (about correct for water).

And here is showing the base color having no effect...

Top Left: white

Bottom Left: black

Mid right: default gray

water2.png
    640 x 640 - 612K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on

All changing the base color does is affect the visibility in the viewport (not using Iray mode).