Ear Gauges for GF2 to GF3 conversion?

Hi,

I purchased the Ear Gauges for GF2 (http://www.daz3d.com/ear-gauges-for-genesis-2-female-s) some while back and wondered how I would go about converting them to fit/work with GF3. They are a prop that somehow tells the character to hide a part of the ear, and a new peice (the ear gauge modified part) conforms over the top. Trying to use auto-fit just leaves me with distorted geometry, similar to when trying to auto fit heels from gf2 to gf3. Please excuse my noob ways, I dont mind doing the hard work, I just need to know the right direction to head in, in regards to weight mapping and re-rigging or is there a different method?, if there is any advice, I would be most greatful! :)

Thank you

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Geografts only work on the figures they're designed for -- your best bet would be to position the props and parent them to the head, then hide the parts of the ear you don't want with the Geometry Editor.

• Geografts only work on the figures they're designed for -- your best bet would be to position the props and parent them to the head, then hide the parts of the ear you don't want with the Geometry Editor.

Thank you, actually this makes alot of sense to me, as soon as I saw the word 'geograft' it helped, because I now know what I im dealing with. Thank you for the tip about the Geometry Editor too :)