SOLVED - What Am I Doing Wrong With These Emotion Morphs?

FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,041
edited September 2016 in The Commons

My problem is with this product http://www.daz3d.com/220-emotions-for-genesis

The morphs don't show up in DAZ Studio.

I let the DAZ Install Manager install these morphs.  And I also downloaded the Manual Install folder to see if IM put the files in the right spot.  It did.  I attached the location path where the files are installed on my computer.

The first DAZ Studio screen shot is from the product's video presentation and shows where the morphs are being accessed from.  The 2nd screen shot is what my computer shows.  The emotion morphs don't show up.  I shut down DAZ Studio and then reopened it.  There's still nothing there.

Screen shot 2016-09-20 at 2.42.49 PM.png
1094 x 57 - 20K
Screen shot 2016-09-20 at 2.41.36 PM.png
728 x 1051 - 501K
Screen shot 2016-09-20 at 2.41.48 PM.png
849 x 768 - 60K
Post edited by Fauvist on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Is this a freshly-loaded Genesis?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Or a restart of Studio after installing?

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    mjc1016 said:

I just downloaded and installed them via DIM, didn't restart, just refreshed the DAZ Library and they showed up.

Taozen said:
    mjc1016 said:

I just downloaded and installed them via DIM, didn't restart, just refreshed the DAZ Library and they showed up.

Sometimes (most recent builds, most of the time) that works...but a restart always works.

edited September 2016
    mjc1016 said:
    Taozen said:
    mjc1016 said:

Sometimes (most recent builds, most of the time) that works...but a restart always works.

Maybe it doesn't matter to refresh the Library anyway, as they're not listed there, they only show as dials.

BTW, he did say he restarted DS. But it looks like other things are missing also, so maybe there is a general problem.

Post edited by Taoz on

Yeah...probably nested/missing content folders in the Content Directory Manager.

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,041

I've tried it with a fresh Genesis figure, and with a Genesis figure that was alread in the scene.  I don't know how to refresh the library.  I've restarted Studio 4 times.  I'm new using Studio - does it matter that the location path has folders labeled Genesis>Base>Morphs>AlFan, but the Studio screenshots indicate that there is supposed to be a folder called Pose Controls?

Thanks everybody.

• I've sometimes found with the older figures you have to actually drill down into the figure to select the body part itself that you want to morph for the controls to show up, instead of just the root figure (ie - Genesis/Abdomen/Neck/Head).

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,041
    Stryder87 said:

I've sometimes found with the older figures you have to actually drill down into the figure to select the body part itself that you want to morph for the controls to show up, instead of just the root figure (ie - Genesis/Abdomen/Neck/Head).

JACKPOT!  Thank you Stryder87!  That was the solution.

Screen shot 2016-09-20 at 4.54.12 PM.png
    773 x 423 - 45K
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,766
    Taozen said:
    mjc1016 said:
    Taozen said:
    mjc1016 said:

Maybe it doesn't matter to refresh the Library anyway, as they're not listed there, they only show as dials.

BTW, he did say he restarted DS. But it looks like other things are missing also, so maybe there is a general problem.

If you're looking for presets in the Genesis pose folder, they don't exist and never have. This product ONLY shows as dials in the posing folder.  As for finding them in the dials, go the pose pane, not the parameters, select the figure's head onscreen and they should show up under expressions along with the visemes, etc., which you should have if you have the Genesis Evolution Head morphs.   

Fauvist said:
    Stryder87 said:

I've sometimes found with the older figures you have to actually drill down into the figure to select the body part itself that you want to morph for the controls to show up, instead of just the root figure (ie - Genesis/Abdomen/Neck/Head).

JACKPOT!  Thank you Stryder87!  That was the solution.

From your first screenshot it looks though as if you did have the Head selected then, as the Head folder shows there (it only does that if the Head is selected). I suspect there is a bug in DS where things sometimes suddenly disappear temporarily as I and several others have experienced similar things.