Walls getting in the way

Some "rooms" have walls that can be made invisible. Other "rooms" do not seem to have this feature. Sometimes in order to get the right angle that I want, I need to position myself beyond a wall. If the "room" has individual walls, I make them invisible to get the angle that I want. However, how do I get the correct angle position in "rooms" where I can't make a wall invisible?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Use the Geometry Editor to hide the portion you need hidden.

• What application and render engine? In DS with Iray you can use an Iray Section Palne (from the Create menu) to make some of the mesh invisible to the camera (and, by default, to lights and reflections - but you can change that in the Parameters pane by setting Clip Lights to off).

• ToborTobor Posts: 2,300

This question comes up from time to time. If the wall can't be hidden in the Scene tab, select its surface and try to make it invisible in the Surface tab. For Iray, for example, that's the Cutout Opacity control.

If you are using Iray, there's also a feature called a sectioning plane, which is made for this (actually, more like sectioning a car and showing it cut in half). Do a Google or Bing search into this forum for posts on how to use the sectioning plane. It's a bit tricky because it's invisible (you see only its markers when moving it about), but with some practice you'll quickly get the hang of it.

• thank you