I just got windows 8

edited December 1969 in New Users

and can't get Victoria 4.2++ morphs to install. Is anyone else having this problem? How did ya fix it? I tried running compatibility troubleshooting, which worked with everything else, but not with this. I tried downloading the morphs again thinking my old one might be corrupt. Nothing seems to work. Should I try downloading and opening on another computer and then burning it to a CD and moving it to this computer. It will really suck bad if these morphs won't work on windows 8. Most of my characters take these morphs.

Thanks for any help with this
Mary

Comments

• dlisterdlister Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Consider trying compatibility mode as Windows 7 or even one of the Vista options. I've found that to work in Windows 8 for some installs that would otherwise fail.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

and can’t get Victoria 4.2++ morphs to install

Do you get an error message, if so, what is it?

• acedrakeacedrake Posts: 41
    edited December 1969

If is the same error I am getting when I run it the installer a blank windows pop up with nothing at all and no progress

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Win8 Does not run Batch files unless in Compatability Mode and Sometimes you need to be in Admin mode for that to even work. Win8's Batch file issue is know and can and will cause problems with any and all older software that used auto call batch files. I will never move to Win8 until this has been addressed and resolved in a manner that will not cause issues with my system security.

• acedrakeacedrake Posts: 41
    edited December 1969

Thanks a bunch my friend and may you have a n awesome new year