Snow Angel for Genesis 3 Female fur doesn't work

I bought Snow Angel for Genesis 3 Female: http://www.daz3d.com/snow-angel-for-genesis-3-female during the sale, and I was just testing it for the first time, the fur won't render. I use Iray, and I do own  the Look at my Hair Free Player that's required. The fur shows up in the viewport but not in the  render:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/n8zshu8x23vaaa8/testingSnowAngel.png 

Did someone have the same problem? What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145
    edited November 2016

Using LAMH hair, you have to pose your figure how you want and then export the hair to an .obj before rendering in Iray. This explains the process.

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • You meen I pose,  export the hair, delete the hair and import it again?  it's weird that there's no info about this when you load the Snow Angel fur.

• the player should have an export option on it you can use in the existing scene but only for the current pose as a new object needs to be created if reposed.

• The player automatically exports to obj and re-imports the obj. - then you can delete the original LAMH preset (the green fur in viewport) - may need to unparent the imported obj first.  Since it's then a static obj, you can't pose around it afterwards.

• tombraider4evertombraider4ever Posts: 659
    edited November 2016

I selected to obj in the look at my hair window and it says that it will export it and the name will be ... and there's nothing written.  I tried to select Attach look at my hair preset and there's nothing there under geometry or preset 

In the window it says LAMH preset loaded successfully, there's only the green fur there and nothing when I render. (Edit I just tried to export it again and Daz crashed :( Luckily I had saved the scene file)

Post edited by tombraider4ever on

don't delete the original LAMH hair if you intend on reposing the figure again. Just hide it.

Laurie

• tombraider4evertombraider4ever Posts: 659
    edited November 2016

I loaded the scene again and tried it again and it worked, I don't know what I did wrong the first time. Thank you so much for helping me with this! smiley 

Edit: Daz crashed again I was just getting ready to hit render indecision

Post edited by tombraider4ever on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

The conversion process tends to be resource intensive.  It's a good idea to do the conversion, then immediately save.  That way if it does go 'splat' you will have the heavy work done.

Sometimes, it's even best to just close down Studio and restart before attempting to render.

• Thanks for the advice!  smiley I will do that next time. 

I also switch the preview to box tracking before I render or move the camera...it is really cpu intensive

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Something I just thought of, after you import the LAMH object

Couldn't you convert prop to figure and do a rigging transfer to make the obj hair posable and move with the figure?

• Something I just thought of, after you import the LAMH object

Couldn't you convert prop to figure and do a rigging transfer to make the obj hair posable and move with the figure?

you need to load the clothing on its own in zero position then create the object

unparent it and delete the curve hair and save the scene or D|S will crash

then using the transfer utility with the garment as the source rig it using near vertices under advanced

I have done this with fur trims on boots and stuff, a hood you might have to click on morphs and on right check those too to be added

• Anyone know why, when I load the fur after I load the color, that Daz crashes?  Just to be sure, I have restarted Daz, loaded the file I am using, opened the LAMH tab, and try again.  3 times, 3 crashes.  I let the download manager instal LAMH just to be sure.